Holding On

"Kara? Come on, come back, you can't die on me now, not after all this," Lena was crouching over the blonde who was lying lifelessly on the cold, concrete ground in Klaus' basement. Kara spluttered suddenly, making Lena jump slightly in surprise, Kara had been hurt so badly she didn't think she had been quick enough, thank god by some miracle it turns out she had been. Lena wiped away the fresh Hybrid blood that had stained Kara's lips, as red as her brand new Mac lipstick. "Hey, hey, don't try to speak, come on we have to get out of here" Lena chastised, picking the confused blonde up carefully, before walking through the exit of the basement that had been home to Kara for the past weeks, or moths she really didn't know how long she had been down there for. 

"Kara! Oh My God, Is she okay? Kara!" The blonde who was dipping in and out of consciousness could hear her big sister shouting her name, thank god she was alright Kara didn't know what she would have done if Alex hadn't made it, she was all the family she had left. Kara closed her eyes, wrapping her hand around Lena's neck, holding on to her with all her broken body had, until finally she felt safe again, wrapped in the powerful Hybrids arms. 

*********************************************************************************************

"Whoa! Don't crowd her let her breathe!" Kara heard her sisters voice once again, she furrowed her eyebrows before opening her eyes slowly, the room was in complete darkness but even then, the tiniest bit of light seemed brighter than the sun, so bright it felt like it was burning her retinas. Kara took a breath, the cold air felt like Ice against the tissue of her longs, it felt like she had just been reborn into a brighter world. Maybe she had.  Kara looked at the room and saw cautious, almost scared faces staring back at her, there was Maggie standing at Alex's side like always, Rebekah, who was beside who Kara assumed to be her brother and of course Katherine who had a mildly amused expression on her face, which confused the blonde. Everyone was there except Lena. 

"What happened?" Kara asked, the taste of blood in her mouth, and for some reason she rather liked the taste, all she hoped was that it was her own blood, although for some reason she doubted it. Everyone else in the room looked at each other as of deciding whether or not to tell her. "Tell me Alex, I can handle it" Kara said, still squinting her stinging eyes. Alex gulped her mouth becoming dry. 

"Its a long story but in short....

"Is everybody in position?"  Lena asked through a headset she had managed to find, she and the rest of the team trying to take out Klaus and save Kara's life were set up surrounding all the different entrances and exits of the mansion. Lena heard everyone else confirm that they were ready as soon as she gave the signal, and as always it would be kill or be killed. Lena cracked her neck, trying to shake the nerves out of her body, one wrong move and Kara was dead, this had to be quick and strategic there was no other way around it. Suddenly Lena felt a slight force brush against a hand, she imagined thats how a ghost would feel when they touch you. Lena hoped to god that was Reign, she really needed a witch in her side right about now. "Lets go" Lena said through the com, before speeding into the mansion taking out two of Klaus' guards without batting an eyelid, she ran down a flight of stairs figuring they would lead to the basement where she hoped Kara would be. 

Lena busted the lock on the door, darting into the room and as if she was possessed, quicker than she ever thought possible she killed the remaining guards that Klaus had put in place in a blink of an eye. Lena looked around the basement, scanning it for the blonde, a wild look had been built up in her eye, a look of desperation. Lena saw Kara chained to the ground, she darted over, Kara did not look like her bubbly self instead she looked beaten. 

"Kara Im here your safe now!" Lena said soothingly as she caressed Kara's bony face, it was obvious that Klaus had rather enjoyed starving her. The blonde shook her head, she was to dehydrated to cry.

"This was a trap Lena, he knew you would come for me" Kara spluttered out, her mouth so dry it hurt to speak for long, Lena looked around confused for a moment at what Kara was getting at, she had killed all of Klaus' guards along with Alex, Maggie, Rebekah, Elijah and Katherine. 

"There dead Kara I promise your safe!"  Lena urged, she reached her hand out to try and undo the chain holding her beloved to the cold concrete ground, but when she touched it her hand burned, Lena screamed out in pain. 

"He's not dead Klaus' is not dead and until that happens we will never be safe" Kara said again, her breathing becoming laboured. 

"She's right you know" That voice, made Lena's hair stand up on end as she turned around to see the man that had ruined her entire existence standing at the doorway to the basement smiling smugly. "I said you would pay for abandoning me, for abandoning the idea of creating a whole species of Hybrid" Klaus spat, Lena growled lowly. 

"Look around, you've lost Klaus everyone of your minions is dead!" Lena spat back, her teeth bared, but Klaus' smile only widened. 

"You might want to listen in to your little lovers heart beat here, you may find it to be a little, unusual" Klaus said, Lena took a deep breath tuning her ears into the workings of Kara's body, her heart was beating far to fast, she could have a heart attack or worse in any second. "Its nothing a little steroids couldn't create" Klaus smiled, Lena didn't know what to do. "Now you will have to deal with not one, but two of your lovers blood in your hands" Klaus said happily 

Lena couldn't contain herself anymore she ran towards Klaus throwing a punch heavily in his face, she through her full body against him, she would kill him for what he had done to Kara, for what he had done to Reign. Klaus flung her against the wall with a bang, she pulled down a whole shelf from the wall as she fell to the ground, luckily for her that shelf was holding a old sword, Lena picked it up, charging towards Klaus, maybe she could use this weapon to behead him and finally rid the world of his evil.     

"It sound like your girl had ten seconds at best to live, so you have a choice to make you kill me or you save her" Klaus stated, Lena looked across at Kara who was fading fast, and with a frustrated growl she ran towards the blonde, kneeling down beside her, and as soon as her attention was of him, Klaus had disappeared into the night. Lena bit her wrist she had never wanted this to happen, she never wanted to be the one to do this especially without asking Kara first but she couldn't let her die, not like this. Lena brought her wrist up to Kara's mouth forcing her blood down the blondes throat hoping it would heal her, if she wasn't to late, which deep down Lena knew she was Kara was dead, and what she was doing would turn Kara into a vampire. 

Alex ran into the basement just as Kara was coming to, Lena was cradling the blonde in her arms, she passed the blonde over to Alex muttering something about unfinished business before disappearing into the night... 

And We haven't seen Lena since." Alex explained to Kara who was lying in a bed in the old Mikaleson mansion, Kara nodded taking in what Alex was saying as her memory of those events became more and more vivid. 

"So Im a vampire now?" Kara asked gulping, that would explain the whole liking blood scenario, Alex nodded holding onto Kara's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. 

"Well not yet technically you have to drink human blood in twenty four hours" Rebekah explained as she smiled sympathetically, Kara nodded, of course. Suddenly another figure entered the room, it was Lena, a neutral look on her face, her clothes were blood splattered and her skin was practically painted red, as she clutched an old sword that was covered in blood in one of her twitching hands. 

"Klaus is dead, its over" Lena said in a monotone voice before leaving the room again, everyone in the room breathed a sigh of relief except from Kara who in those split seconds of seeing Lena, knew something was wrong. 

Authors Note:  

Hey guys hope you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the votes, reads and comments it means a lot!