End of an era

"She's not my girlfriend" Lena's words rattled through Kara's skull, echoing off the chilled bone, her heart felt like it dropped a million miles, down into the centre of the earth, so this is what having your heart broken felt like, she had always imagined, well now she didn't have to. Rebekah raised her eyebrow noticing Kara's reaction. "Now stop playing games and tell me what this means" Lena said angrily through gritted teeth handing Rebekah a scrunched up, torn bit of paper, Rebekah looked at it carefully before throwing the paper to the wind. 

"I thought it was quite self explanatory" Rebekah said rolling her eyes, a smug smile wrapped her face up, Lena shook her head, before tightening her fists so her knuckles almost glowed white, pulling back before sending her fist flying towards Rebekah, hitting her square in the jaw, making her fall to the floor instantaneously, with a cry in pain. Kara still stood at the sideline, she had no idea what the two woman were talking about. 

"I said stop playing games" Lena growled, standing over Rebekah's body, the blonde grasped her jaw in pain, making Lena smirk, knowing she had over powered an original vampire. 

"Klaus will never leave you alone, he thinks if he threatens Kara and her family you will return to him in order to save them" Rebekah said sighing, Lena stepped back, she had gotten the answer that she came for, at least she knew she wasn't being paranoid anymore. Lena turned around as she started walking towards the car which Alex and Maggie were still sound asleep in, Kara followed in her wake, she turned her head to see Rebekah returning to her feat, dusting the dust off of her expensive looking clothes. "You will never escape him Lena!" Rebekah shouted after the brunette and her human entourage. 

Lena jumped into the drivers seat of car, Kara getting in beside her, not saying a word as Lena pulled away from the old car park, she looked in the rear mirror to see Alex's body was intertwined in Maggie's, she looked so peaceful now. Lena's eyes were glued to the road, acting like Kara was Medusa, not daring to even glance in her direction, or thats how it came across to Lena, such a contrast from the night before, when they couldn't keep their hands of each other, Kara missed Lena's careful hands tracing her body. 

"Why did you say I wasn't your girlfriend?" Kara said deciding to break the awkward silence with an even more awkward conversation starter. Lena put her foot down on the accelerator, like she was trying her best to leave Kara behind. "I guess I thought that because of last night-"

"Kara let me be very clear, I don't do relationships especially with horny teenagers that don't even know what they want, I should never have let you kiss me, it was a mistake, a mistake that will never happen again" Lena said, all emotion drained from her voice and her face, like she couldn't care less. Kara felt tears building up in the back of her eyes, she gulped hard, trying her best not to cry in front of Lena, but it was no good the tears began to stream down her face. 

"Kara what's wrong?" Alex's groggy voice said from the back seat, Lena raising her voice must have woken her up to the worst moment of Kara's life. Maggie yawned, she was now awake to the world along with Alex, still cuddling into each other, oh how Kara wished that her and Lena could have been like that. 

"Nothing I'm fine" Kara said, struggling to hold back the tears that were now cascading down her cheeks, she didn't want to put anything else on her sisters plate, it was already overflowing with worries, she didn't need her relationship drama on top of it all.  

"Where the hell are we going now?" Maggie asked grumpily, she still hated even the sight of Lena, never mind having to listen to what she had to say, and doing what she told her to do. Lena turned off the freeway sharply causing everyone in the car jerk slightly to one side with the speed she was going at. "fucking hell!" Maggie shouted as her head banged into Alex's shoulder, Lena smirked a little, she would be lying if she said she didn't do that on purpose. 

"The airport and were here" Lena said calmly as she pulled in to the 'drop off and pick up' bay at the local airport, which wasn't even that local that just showed how fast Lena was actually driving. All heads turned to Lena in a look of confusion apart from Kara's which was a look of betrayal, seeing Kara look at her like that almost broke Lena. 

"What's going on Lena?" Alex asked, holding tightly onto Maggie's hand sensing that whatever it was wasn't going to be good. Lena threw three boarding passes and fake passports at Alex's face, she caught them thankfully. "New York?" Alex said questioningly as she looked at the boarding passes in her hands.   

"The three of you are getting a fresh start in the city that never sleeps, you have new names, new identities, now go or you'll miss your plane" Lena ordered, the three other women never moved a muscle, tears were again now streaming down Kara's cheeks. "Go!" Lena shouted, her fangs spiking out of her soft gums. 

"I would say good luck but I really don't care" Maggie muttered before getting out the car, a confused Alex by her side. Kara stayed seated staring at Lena's bright green eyes. 

"Go Kara!" Lena screamed again, but again Kara didn't even flinch. 

"I'm not going anywhere, because I know what I want, I know that I want you" Kara said through her tears, Lena groaned with frustration before hitting the wheel of her car a little to forcefully. 

"I don't want you! I never did, you chased me and I enjoyed it, but I never actually wanted to be with you Kara so for the love of god just leave!" Lena shouted again, Kara felt like she was being stabbed in the heart over and over again. She unhooked her seat belt slowly like she was in a trance. 

"Maggie was right you are a monster"

Authors Note:

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and thank you for all the reads, comments and votes it means a lot!