one of her kind

Lena walked through the long grass surrounding the old warehouse, trailing the tips of her fingers along the cold green blades, cold enough to cut right through her warm body. She looked up at the night sky above her and saw that the moon was as clear as a soul flashlight in the darkness, it was a full moon that night, it was fitting really. There was once a time where a moon like that was enough to turn her into a mindless beast, only interested in killing humans and other creatures that weren't built like that, now all it did was make her nostalgic about a previous, simpler life she used to lead, as nothing but a werewolf.  

Lena would always remember that one day, the day that would change the rest of her life, the day she met Nicklaus Michelson. It started off as just an average day, she would have been twenty-three years old, her birthday was the night before in the year 1883. She first discovered her curse when she was seventeen, she accidentally killed one of her servants in an angry tantrum, she always did have a temper, becoming a wolf just seemed to make it worse. The day she met Klaus he promised her that if she went willingly with him she would never have to suffer the pain of transitioning on a full moon ever again, so of course she went with him, she thought it was a chance to be normal again, it wasn't. that was the last day she would ever see Damon and Stefan as human as the next time they met they had been turned into monsters themselves, vampires to be exact. and even them the next time she lay eyes on them her brothers were one hundred and seven years older and mortal enemies so a lot had changed. 

Her time with Klaus had been torturous physically and mentally, Klaus had given her what her called 'doppelganger blood' everyday for ten years, as well as everyday making her turn into a wolf, so when he finally mutated her she wouldn't loose her mind completely.He would play mind games with her sometimes, if he was particularly bored, making her think that he would do the same to Stefan and Damon as what her was doing to her, making her think that she was nothing more than a monster, convincing her she was worthless. Until one day he finally mutated her, he gave Lena a whole litre of his blood, before killing her, and not in a painless way she still had nightmares about it to this day, she still felt the pain. She came back to life, signalling that Klaus' experiment was a success, she was now a Hybrid, half werewolf and half vampire just like him, he finally wasn't the only one of his kind anymore, he owned her. after that day she became like his prize possession, he would kill for her. 

One day after being owned by him for fifty years she finally had a chance to leave, to find a new start for herself somewhere far away from his poisonous hold.  she took it she ran and to this day she has never looked back, until recently when old ghosts from the past made an appearance, Katherine's attacks on Kara showing that Klaus knew that Lena was vulnerable, that he knew where she was and could easily destroy her life again. Lena first bumped into Katherine in New Orleans sometime during the nineteen seventy's, she was Lena's first one night stand, you see this was after Lena's first real heart break and Katherine was kind of like the rebound girl. When Lena found out that her brothers had been turned into vampires by Katherine, she ended whatever they had immediately by attempting to kill her. 

Lena managed to find Damon and Stefan, and after a lot of hard work slowly began to rebuild her family before moving to Mystic Falls and now all because she was stupid enough to bring Kara to the vip party with Rebekah she was on Klaus' radar yet again. Lena couldn't help but feel betrayed by Rebekah who she once used to share many nights of passion with, although they were never really officially together. 

"Lena, hey" Kara's voice said quietly, Lena whipped her head round, trying to push her brain back into the present after her nostalgic thoughts.  she saw Kara leaning against a tree, barley able to stand up straight, the pain in Kara's abdomen kept her bent over. Lena waked over quickly in case Kara fell to the ground, hurting her would even more. 

"Kara what the hell are you doing? you're going to pull all your stitching out!" Lena shouted angrily as she approached the blonde before stopping a couple of feet in front of her, folding her arms in annoyance, Kara smiled, a slight grimace in pain making her grind her teeth together. "Come on I'll take you back inside" Lena said sighing but before she had a chance to pick Kara up the blonde sat down underneath the tree, leaning her back against its string trunk. "Kara!" Lena shouted in frustration, almost moaning. Kara patted the spot of soft grass beside her for Lena to sit on. Lena shook her head before sitting down, not at all happy about the situation. The two women looked up at the full moon in the night sky surrounded by little shining stars. 

"For the record you're not a monster to me" 

Authors Note:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for all the votes, comments and reads it means a lot