Chapter22-The Cocky and The Hurt

"So, how's your wound?" I asked Logan, who was currently in a hospital bed. Ryan was only two doors away from us, which is an unsettling thought.

"I'm fine." He grumbled. "Where's Ryder?"

"He's visiting Ryan." I answered. Honestly, what does Ryder see in Ryan? Sure, they're both assholes, but I doubt Ryder would actually beat up a girl. However, I do not know him well, so I shouldn't speak so highly of him.

"He's visiting that prick? What an idiot." Logan seemed genuinely upset about this.

"Would you rather he visit you?" I asked out of curiosity.

"No. I couldn't care less what he does." I nodded in understanding. Logan is lying, I could tell. He wants Ryder to be with him, not Ryan the prick.

"Okay, well....guess what happened to the dog!" I said excitedly. I love dogs, really I do, but this dog crossed the line and I pretty much hate him.

"What?"

"He's been taken the dog pound. The police man wasn't sure if he should let the dog live or not." I stated. I was happy they didn't kill the dog, that's just cruel, but I didn't want the dog to be unpunished.

Logan huffed. "It's Ryan who should be punished." He said. I couldn't agree more with him.

"Yeah, well life is unfair and we just have to deal with it." I said with a sigh.

"Wow, I never thought I'd hear you say something so... not you." He said with the cutest smirk.

"Maybe you shouldn't judge instantly." I argued.

Sadly he didn't argue back because all he said was, "True."

A comfortable silence fell upon us. It wasn't awkward because it's just Logan. I never really feel awkward with him because he just isn't an awkward person and neither am I. I don't think I am anyway.

"Jackie?" He asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Mmm?" I hummed without looking up at him.

"I'm sorry..." Now I looked up at him. He wasn't looking at me, instead he was staring at his fidgeting hands.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"I'm sorry for not trusting you. I beloved Ryder when he told me you read my diary. I don't know what was wrong with me-I mean who the hell believes Ryder?!" His apology was sincere and about Ryder, he only told the truth.

"It's okay. I'm not mad and I don't think I ever really was. I was more upset because I don't want to..." I trailed off, too embarrassed to finish my sentence.

"You don't want to what?" Logan's voice held complete curiosity and a but of humor.

"Idon'twanttoloseyou." I said in a rushed sentence.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asked with a smirk. Kill me now....

"I said...I. Don't. Want. To. Lose. You!" I exclaimed slowly, making hand gestures to him like I would to a child. I didn't dare look up, for I am too embarrassed.

I felt the blood rush to my face and I started to fidget. He isn't saying nothing...

Out of nowhere I feel arms wrap around me and pull me into a chest. I smiled at his reaction.

"I don't want to lose you either." He whispered in my ear. I felt his lips touch my cheek and enjoyed every moment of it.

"Logan?" I whispered in his ear.

"Yes?"

"You're so cheesy." I exclaimed. He pulled back from our hug and glared at me playfully, causing me to giggle.