» 10

(GIA'S POV)

"Zach's team won!" Ava cheers.

"WOO!" Zach and Jack holler, pumping their fists into the air, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Not really, Jonah's team won by five points."

The three of our faces drop.

"You're kidding. I PLAYED BASKETBALL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!"

"OH YEAH, WE WON!" Jonah and his team holler, them now celebrating while ignoring Jack's statement.

"I think my plane is leaving now, gotta go-you know, um catch it." I quickly joke, pointing towards the sky.

"Only five points, Jack. I mean, points dropped when you were the basket." Ava comforts Jack.

"Hey!"

"ALRIGHT, LETS GO BUY THE DEAD FISH, TUNA, AND HOT SAUCE!" Daniel announces while clapping his hands.

"You mean perfume and water? Yeah, sounds nice." I smile, giving him a thumbs up.

He shakes his head evilly.

"First, lets join a state basketball team at this rate." Jack sighs, his head in his hands.

Zach strokes his curly noodle hair, comforting Jack.

Goals?

"So we lose pancakes and get this." I realize.

"We'll get extra hot sauce, don't worry." Daniel 'comforts' me.

Maybe if I had nice noodle hair, I'd get some love.

"Good thing Ava gets both." Jonah brings up.

"You guys were serious?" Ava gasps, looking at Jonah with a hint of fear.

"Of course we were." Jonah answers, sounding completely serious.

"That's what you get for lying, hah!" I taunt, putting my hands on my hips.

She sticks her tongue out at me and manages to grin, even with her smelly and cold fate.

"You know what they say," I begin, grabbing Ava's arm and slowly walking away from the boys, making sure they don't suspect anything.

"What do they say?" Jack asks, looking up at me.

I take a look and see no cars coming.

"That you RUN FOR IT!" I scream at the ending and begin to dash, still holding Ava.

"GIANNA! AVA!"

"COME ON! THIS IS OUR WORKOUT, COME ON!" I manage to comment as the fresh air hits me, listening to the other steps' of the boys.

"YOU DRIVE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!" I tell her as I see the car in view.

Bolting even faster, I finally reach the passenger's seat, quickly climbing in, thankful that the parking lot was, for the most part, empty.

Ava, just as quick, puts they keys into the ignition and checks all the mirrors.

I look as well and find no one.