» 32

(GIA'S POV)

(a month + some days later)

"TWENTY NINE MISSED CALLS FROM MY FATHER?" I nearly scream as I see my phone.

Jesus, whatever I did, this is beyond a punishment.

I better start praying now.

I enter my house and yell, "DAAAAAAAD!"

Holy moly guacamole, it's actually freezing in here.

Someone has brought the Arctic into my home, and it is not okay.

I can almost here Ava saying, "just as cold as my heart in here."

My dad's yelling has sharply cut off my thoughts.

"GIA, TWENTY NINE CALLS AND YOU STILL DONT PICK UP? WHAT? ARE YOU SO BUSY? I BET IF I WAS DYING YOU WOULDN'T FIGURE OUT UNTIL TOMORROW! YOU TEENAGERS CANT BE THAT BUSY! IF YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR YOUR PHONE, IT'D BE GONE NOW!"

Oh, a dad classic.

I walk to the couch and sit down, and he sighs.

"How old are you again?" He asks me.

"Seventeen." I reply.

"Well back in your day when I was your age, I was eighteen." He mutters.

...
What.

"Anyways, now that I have yelled at you and have fulfilled my dad duties," He begins.

"There's a favor I need to ask of you, a very serious one and I know you have a job, a love life- surprisingly enough, and friends, so think about it."

Did my dad just insult me?

"Yeah, what's the favor?" I ask him, curiosity filling my head since I wouldn't know what he needs.

Maybe he needs me to babysit some of his coworker's kid.

The child would be lost in less than three minutes, and I hope he is fully aware of that.

"Remember the charity fundraising events you used to come to, a few years ago? Well, I can't host this one and I'd leave it to someone else but to be honest... I think you'll be able to do more since your occupation. I also think it'd be a good learning experience, and you may love it like I do." My dad explains it thoroughly, and I know I can't say no.

Number one: it's for charity.

Sometimes my heart may be on another continent, but not now.

Number two: I've always wanted to be the host of one, to feel like I really helped and made some sort of impact.

Number three: ...there's free food.

"I'm sure if you explain everything and what I need to do, I'll be able to do everything just about right." I tell my dad, and his eyes do seem to light up by the fact that I agreed to do this.

"Aren't I too young?" I question him.

"I'm rich, and there will be a bunch of old rich people. No one cares."

Good point.

"Okay, so I have invited all the previous guests and some new ones and they're in my email- the email dedicated for these matters. I know you can invite some of the people at that modeling agency, and make sure you really put effort into getting them to come." My dad explains, and he continues.