» 31

(GIA'S POV)

"Zach, are we going hiking?" I ask him as I see a bunch of hills that were in vicinity.

They range in height, and they're making me think of the clips in shows where kids would roll down the hills, laughing.

The night was cool, there's a subtle breeze accompanied by the sky's gradient blue.

It was undoubtedly a movie scene.

A shimmer of stars were even sprinkled onto the sky, more than what is usually visible at this hour.

"That's why we ate an hour ago." Zach laughs and takes my hand as we begin to make our way up the mountain (it's a hill, but I mean... it's a mountain).

We ate dinner at his place with the boys and Ava, and although Zach was initially going to make it, all of us ended up pitching in.

In the end, we all shared a really delightful and filling dinner.

"Don't we need those stick things?" I ask him, and he shakes his head in disapproval but he had a small smile on his face.

"If I fall, would I sue you or the mountain?" I joke and he grins, shaking his head again.

"I'll make sure you don't fall."

That sounds like a challenge.

I purposefully begin to wobble and in no more than a second, I feel Zach's hands on my waist to steady me.

"Gia, I don't want you to die on our one month anniversary." Zach laughs and goes back to holding my hand.

"You challenged me." I remind him.

"Come on Zach, I'll race you up there." I taunt and let go of his hand, beginning to try to run up the hill.

"Gia, I'll beat you EASY." Zach laughs and begins to race me up the hill, and I begin to laugh as I'm beating him.

"Come on slowpoke-Zach!" I tease as I look behind me and see him smiling and still running up.

It's more difficult since the incline was definitely there, but it wasn't anything that needed any major effort.

"ZACH! I BEAT YOU!" I cheer and admire the top of the hill.

What's that?

I see a blanket laid on the ground with some paints and two blank canvases.

"ZACH THIS IS SO CUTE ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" I exclaim and look at him as he stood beside me.

"H-how do you have energy to y-yell?" Zach pants and puts his arm over my shoulders.

"Zach, it's so cute! What are we painting?" I pull him into a hug and then kiss his cheek.

He looks down at me and smiles.

"Each other."

"Challenging. Why'd you choose that?" I ask him as I sit down on the blanket, in front of one of the two blank canvases.

Zach takes a seat as well and answers merrily, "i get to stare and admire you."

How am I on a date with boy?