» 29

(GIA'S POV)

"Why do people think Texans travel on horses?" Zach asks as he sits down on the couch.

"Why do people think Australians have pet kangaroos?" Daniel adds on.

"Why do people think Canadians own pet snowballs?"

"I think you're the only one who thinks that..."

"The earth is dying, let's go with that." I join in.

"Jonah littered the other day!" Jack yells out, pointing at Jonah.

"WELL YOU'RE STEALING MY OXYGEN!" Jonah responds.

"OH, PLOT TWIST!" Zach yells.

"WELL YOU STOLE M-MY... YEAH, YOU STOLE THAT!" Jack tries to defend himself, but it doesn't really work.

But he tried.

"YOU ALL ARE JUST BULLIES AND I WILL GLADLY STEAL MORE OXYGEN!" Jack stands up and breathes in and out loudly, over exaggerating each time.

"OXYGEN STEALER!" Jonah yells, and I can't remember their ages anymore.

Seven or five year olds?

"GO STEP ON A LEGO!" Zach yells, and then they all yell together and I don't hear any phrases.

"Over boiled egg."

Never heard that one before.

"Hey Gia, do you have anything planned for your one month anniversary thing?" Ava asks me, and I look over at Zach who was still arguing with all the boys.

Oh, now it's physical.

Now someone fell.

Yeah, that ambulance should be coming soon.

"I've thought about it, but I'm not exactly sure, you know?" I respond, knowing that Zach probably couldn't hear me.

"It's in about 4 days." Ava tells me, and I nod.

"I'll come up with something, I had a good idea but I want to do more because who wouldn't? Yet again, I want to keep it simple and I'm just a mess and need to figure something out."

I feel a tug on my shoe as I see someone's hand grabbing it.

"I know you like my shoes Corbyn, and I'll buy you a pair if you want." I tell him, and he gives me that look.

"YOUR BOYFRIEND GOT STRONGER, AND HE IS— GIA HELP!"

As if this was some horror film, Corbyn's grip on my shoe loosens and he is dragged back into the group of boys.

"ILL SAVE YOU, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST ASK!" I exclaim and get up, but then realize how much work that is.

"Sorry Corbyn, the couch is really comfortable." I tell him, but I don't see him.

Never mind, there's his foot.

"Do you guys want these açaí bowl things for breakfast?" Ava asks everyone.

Immediately, everyone stops.

"Food?"

"Yeah." Ava replies.

"Sure." They all say in unison, and that is how their brawl ended.

"Gia, wanna take my car?" Ava asks me.

"You're taking Gia?" Zach asks.

"Well, not abducting her but you know, she's accompanying me." Ava answers, looking at Zach.