» 35

(ZACH'S POV)

A misconception people have is that guys don't cry.

The streams I've made can argue and win... easily.

"I'm fine. We didn't break up. It's just... it hurts. I thought she counted on me, you know?" I tell the boys as I sit on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

"I counted on her. I did. I made sure communication was... there. For months she didn't tell me about this. What if something happened to her? What if she didn't stop? What if she doesn't? I care about her so much... even if she couldn't count on me."

Anger, sadness, sorrow- that's what's running through my veins and seems to be the fuel of my body.

"She stopped for you... it doesn't make anything any more or less right, but she did, and still does, care about you." Daniel comforts me.

I sniffle and wipe my eyes with a tissue Jonah had given me.

"She could've just told me... I would've helped her. Why would she keep it from me? To not worry me? If I don't worry what type of boyfriend am I?"

"It'll be okay, Zach. She must've just been really stressed with all the work. I'm sure she wasn't thinking straight and things got out of control."

"I understand that, I understand it all but the fact of the matter is that she didn't tell me." I sigh and I feel the tears finally coming to a stop.

"We're rooting for you both. If you guys aren't soulmates, then you're very close to being."

The tears slyly come back as I mumble, "our six month anniversary is tomorrow."

"We know, Zach. We know. Everything will be okay in the end. You guys may be in a tough situation, but tough situations make it a stronger relationship, right?"

"Only if you survive it."

/

I didn't expect for our anniversary to start without any talking.

Not a text was sent or received, not a post on social media, not a snap, nothing.

We both are doing nothing.

We both are in our homes, thinking about how things fell apart in a matter of minutes and guilt is an overwhelming feeling.

Truly, I don't know what's worse: not even talking to your significant other on your anniversary or knowing that you may not even have another anniversary.

My phone vibrates.

From GIAAAA💗

zach ... i don't know where to begin but I need you to pack a luggage enough for a week + your passport... please meet me at my house in 2 hours... you can guess what the plan is and if you don't want to go... it makes perfect sense. happy six months

Why should I?

No... I shouldn't.

I lay on my bed, ignoring her text and stare at the ceiling some more.

I need to go.

Even when my anger is there, I can't just ignore her.