» 23

(GIA'S POV)

"Please don't tell me you specifically bought a fish with a tumor." I plead.

Poor fish.

Not because of the tumor, just because it'll be stuck with me.

"It's not any fish, Gia, it's a goldfish." Zach tells me matter-a-factly while rolling his eyes.

"That sass is impeccable, Zach." I chuckle.

"It's a speciality, but," Zach continues on.

"I guess I won't tell you that I bought us a fish with a tumor. Don't ask me why he died, though." Zach adds on and shrugs, swiftly dodging my point.

"Us?" I repeat, my mind focusing on that one word.

Oh no, no, no, no.

"You heard me." Zach smiles.

I avoid this since this was definitely an argument for later.

"Oh, and please spray paint my walls with the reason why the fish dies. That way I won't ask." I joke, responding to the main point of his sentence but summoning a quite deadly idea.

Could I die from Zach spray painting my walls, writing out the reason why the fish died?

Yes.

Why/how?

A group of physical education students could be playing a game of dodgeball, miles away from me, and the ball would manage to smack me right on the head.

'Lucky' is not a thing I know of.

Zach's voice cuts off my thoughts.

"Thanks for the idea, but you know I'm the type of guy who will throw a brick through your window with a small note tied to it that has the reason why. I'm all about the ancient ages." Zach tells me, giving me a dauntless look that scares me just a bit since I like my windows to not be shattered.

If you like your windows shattered, you now know who to contact.

"Don't ask someone why you're single." I laugh, even though I had no point because thousands of people would practically die to be in a relationship with Zach.

I mean, even if he did break someone's window by throwing a brick note into it, some girl would love that.

Maybe.

Or I guess it'd just be someone's turn on or something.

"Your neighbor is probably in love with me." Zach smirks, and I give him a look of disgust.

How did my neighbor get into this when the topic was a goldfish with a possible tumor?

Where is the connection?

Do I need binoculars or a microscope now?

"Zach, both my neighbors are at least like... I don't know, dead?" I counter, not remembering their exact ages but knowing that they are roughly of an older age.

"You're going to get lots of wrinkles for saying that." Zach exclaims, his eyes widened as he's pointing at me with a grin plastered upon his face.