» 16

(GIA'S POV)

"Last time we went skating, you didn't know how to skate." My dad comments as I'm tying-- the skate lace?

"Nothing's really changed." I shrug, somewhat embarrassed with the fact that I will stumble and fall today.

Although, there was this one time I managed to not fall for the whole time I was skating-- and no, it wasn't just 3 seconds.

"They have classes." My dad tells me, pointing towards a sign.

"Don't have time, I'm very busy with sleeping and eating." I turn down the offer, not really feeling the need to know how to properly skate.

"Yeah, I'm signing you up." My dad confirms and gets up, only wobbling a little at the beginning, but quickly handles it well.

"Wha— no!" I call out as he swiftly skates away to the front desk.

I get up, my knees bent and I'm holding myself in place with my hands on the seat, being in a fairly awkward position. 

"That's cheating!" I yell out to him, these skates being a great disadvantage right now.

Seeing my dad talking to a lady, I take my hands off the cushion and leave them at my sides then immediately wobble.

With no confidence, I push myself a little bit and then loose my balance immediately, falling onto the next cushion.

Great, I'm just going to start crawling.

Getting up once again, I'm now moving slowly backwards without even trying to move.

Explain.

Pushing myself only a little bit, I manage to finally move.

An inch.

"This isn't working." I mumble and slowly inch myself towards a nearby wall.

I grab onto the wall, using this as my aid.

After slowly moving forward and continuing to lean against the wall, I make it to my dad who was having a conversation with the lady, still.

"He's lying, I can skate very well." I tell her as I grab onto the desk.

"Leaning on the wall to get here says otherwise, don't worry, our staff is amazing." The lady remarks but smiles.

"I'm sure the staff is, but I'm very busy." I sigh.

"Well, this wonderful lady and I were actual having a conversation about the hospital since she used to be a nurse, so you wasted a fall and a few stumbles to get here." My dad tells me with a matter-of-fact tone.

"I will continue to waste many more falls and stumbles." I sigh in relief, but challenged that my dad faked this whole thing.

"Go learn to skate, then come get me." My dad chuckles and pats my shoulder.

"Love the support." I note sarcastically and look at the lonesome rink.

"HEY GIA!" I hear a familiar voice call out, and I really wish I could turn around smoothly.

Grabbing onto the desk, I turn myself around, completely wobbling, and I see Jonah and Zach grinning.