Chapter 6 - Another Boy?

A/N - I have a Beta now (a huge Thank you goes out to the Amazing Claire) So, if there is anything off in this story, blame her. j/k

All "Surfer Lingo" was found at www.surfing-waves.com/surf_talk (for good or for bad)

Sang

The boys and I walk out to the parking lot. As soon as we started walking, I kept expecting Luke to let go of my hand, but he didn't. That warm, heated feeling runs up my arm, straight to my heart. My heart is absolutely on fire. I've never felt this way before, and I don't know what to do. I've never had friends before, much less a BOYfriend. My lungs are constricted and I can barely breathe.

"C'mon, slow-pokes. I'm not sure how bad things are for Gabe right now. We need to hurry," North says as he grabs my free hand. He holds onto my backpack with his other hand.

Now the heat crawls up my right arm as well as my left. My body tenses up and I start to feel light headed. What's this heat I feel when these boys touch me? It's a pleasant feeling, but it distracts me; I don't pay attention to where we're going. North and Luke stop in front of a black Jeep. I glance around and notice that the other vehicle in the parking lot is a beat up blue pickup truck.

North drops my hand and opens the front passenger door of the Jeep. "Hop in, baby," he says. I shift my weight from one foot to the other. He has to be joking. I am really not comfortable sitting in the front seat when I barely know these boys. Besides, Luke is a lot taller than me.

"Uh, North, I think Luke should sit up front with you. I'll sit in the back.". I reach for the back door handle, but I should have known better. I've only known these boys for a few hours, but I can already tell they are gentlemen. That means they'll insist I sit in the front.

"Nuh uh baby, you need to scoot your ass in this seat right now," North says with a frown. Determination rushes through me.. I want to sit in the back with this new girl, Gabriel.

"It's OK North, I really want to sit in the backseat. Please just let Luke sit in the front." I'm sure my voice comes out more pleading than confident. It's the best I can do.

"It's okay, Sang. I don't mind sitting in the back. Jump in, cupcake," Luke says. He opens up the back door and starts to climb in. Panic rushes through me. Why won't they listen to me?

"Can I please sit in the back? I'll be more comfortable back there." I know I'm pleading with them. My eyes run along the shiny planes of the Jeep, so I don't have to look at them. All I want is to sit in the back and think about everything that has happened today. My poor brain struggles to process it all. I was kicked out of my house, came to a diner without money and then was provided an incredible meal, and met two of the most amazing boys, who both just happened to be incredibly attractive. To top it off, I'm going to be staying in the same house overnight with those same boys. This is like nothing I've ever had to deal with before. I need time to process this.

Luke and North exchange a look over my head. . It lasts just a little longer than normal. It's almost like they're having a conversation with their eyes.

North drops his head and takes a breath. "Okay Sang Baby, Luke will sit up front." He steps away from the front door and opens the rear passenger door, motioning for me to get in. "Now get in; we have to get Gabriel."

I'm not sure what comes over me. I'm so happy that he backed down that I step up to him and place a hand on his chest. I stand on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek.