Chapter 17 - Missing Pieces

A/N - I am SOOOO sorry for the delay. To make up for it you are getting a horribly un-edited version of Chapter 17. Hopefully you can still enjoy it. I still didn't get as far into the story as I wanted to. Grrr - Curse these boys for taking so much time!

Nathan

Luke and I are looking through the dumpster behind the Cafeteria. It smells and I'm hot. I don't want to be here right now, I would much rather be at Dr. Green's with Sang. Unfortunately, Mr. B gave Luke and I the task of finding whatever caused all that blood that we found on Sang. I can still see her still little body lying on the bathroom floor. With her clothes bunched up, her shirt under her arms and her shorts around her knees. She was changing for gym when she was attacked.

We were so scared - all that blood all over her hands and chest and some splattered on her face - that we didn't know what to do at first. However as soon as we heard the gym teacher call her name, we were through the crowd faster than lightning. I quickly typed out a message to Dr. Green, hoping that he would just appear and take care of her.

After finding out that she didn't appear to have any serious injuries, Mr. Blackbourne took charge of the situation and finally we were able to get Sang out of the bathroom and in a car on the way to Dr. Green's, where he could look her over and assess the full damage.

I was ready to hop into the backseat with Sang and Dr. Green - as were a few of my brother's - when Mr. Blackbourne spoke up.

"Mr Griffin, Mr. Luke Taylor, I would like you both to look for anything that might gives us a clue as to what happened and who did this." he began. "Mr. North Taylor, you will drive my car and your brother can drive yours over to Dr. Green's when they are finished here." The implication was clear, we would find out what happened and we were not leaving until we were done.

"Mr. Morgan, please retrieve the footage from the locker rooms and the entrances and exits to the gym. That may give us a visual on Miss. Sorenson's assailant." he says. "Mr. Lee, Mr. Coleman and Mr. Korba, you three may follow us to Dr. Green's. We may have more to do later. After we are sure that Miss. Sorenson is going to be ok, we will be having a family meeting."

Mr. Blackbourne looks around at our faces, noticing that none of us has moved an inch and his left eyebrow rises. "Is there a problem, gentlemen?" he asks. None of us would dare to question Mr. Blackbourne's orders, but none are eager to leave Sang either.

First Victor turns away, picks up his backpack and heads toward the school building. I hadn't even noticed that he had arrived, such was the intensity of my attention on Sang. Then, North grunts and moves to the driver side of Mr. Blackbourne's gray BMW and gets behind the wheel. His face is set in harsh lines, so I know he is not happy. Then Luke grabs my arm and starts to drag me away.

When we reach the door to the school, I look back over my shoulder and watch as first Mr Blackbourne's, then Kota's dark green sedan, pull away from the school.

I jerk back to attention when a black garbage bag filled with Lord knows what, hits me in the side of the head. Luke chuckles and says, "Dude, where did you go? You were just standing there staring at the brick on the building."

The look on his face makes me want to punch him, but I just shrug it off and say, "Nowhere man, let's just hurry up and find something." I don't want him to know that I was essentially standing here daydreaming - that's his thing, not mine. "I just want to get out of here and take a shower, this shit stinks!"

I risk a glance over at Luke and notice that he has stopped and he is just staring at me with a strange look on his face. What the hell is his problem? In another second he blinks, shakes his head and goes back to digging through the garbage.