Chapter 12 - Mr. Blackbourne

A/N - OK, so I wanted to get another chapter posted this weekend. I am involved in Vacation Bible School all week at my church. It is evenings and I will be working all week as well. So, I will have no time to write. I apologize that this is an UNEDITED chapter and in addition, I feel it is not my best work. Owen is very hard to write for. He was NOT cooperating with me. So, I apologize if it is not up to standard.. but didn't want to make you wait too long for another chapter. Thanks for all your comments and Votes. I am truly blessed!

Sang

DR. Green grabs my shoulders and gives me a small shake. "Breathe, Sang.... you need to breathe," he says to me with a very concerned tone. I let out the breathe that I didn't even know I was holding.

My head feels fuzzy, but I am sure that is a result of the lack of oxygen caused by me holding my breath. I do that sometimes; hold my breath in stressful situations. It's like I am concentrating so hard on the situation, that I can't focus on the mundane task of breathing.

I look around at the faces of the three boys in the room. North has an angry look on his face. His brows are drawn together and a scowl on his lips. His fists are clenched at his sides. Silas looks confused. His brows are slightly raised as if he is trying to figure something out. His hands are held loosely at his sides, no fist clenching going on there.

I look back at the face that is directly in front of me. Dr. Green's hands are still resting on my shoulders, but now they are just restly gently. He appears to be waiting for something from me, but right now, I have no idea what that could be.

"Miss Sang," he says, once again using the more formal address. He dropped the formality when he was shaking me; concerned for my safety. "Are you feeling better now? I would like to hear you tell me that you are okay, if you please." The tone of voice is gentle, but holds an underlying command. He is waiting for an answer and I am going nowhere until he gets it.

"Yes, Dr. Green. I feel better now. I was fine before, but North and Silas insisted on bringing me here. I just want to go to class." I can't look him in the eye, so I focus on the chart that istacked to the wall above the Nurse's desk. It is a chart indicating that abstinence is the key to any successful relationship.

Huh, I've never heard that before. Usually when a girl wants to abstain, a boy calls her a tease and dumps her. At least that is what my sister Marie has always told me. She says that if you don't 'put out' the boy will tell you to 'get out'. I have always thought she is just dating the wrong boys. However, since I have no experience with dating, that is just my guess. I don't think that any guy who truly cares about you would force you to do something you are not ready for.

I feel Dr. Green shake me lightly once again. I almost forgot where I was for a moment. I look back up to see his face. He has a wrinkle between his brows like he is upset about something. I want to reach up and rub the spot to see if I can get him to relax. I start to lift my hand to do just that, when I come back to reality. I can't do that. I should NOT be touching a teacher, or the school physician. I feel like I am losing my mind.

"Dr. Green. What is going on here?" I hear a very imperious voice say from the doorway.

Dr. Green straightens up and drops his hands from my shoulders. From the corner of my eye, I notice both North and Silas stiffen and stand up straighter. There is a distinct command in the voice and I can feel myself become more alert as well. I can instantly tell that this is not someone I would want to disappoint.

Now, why would I think that? I don't even know who this person is. I immediately turn my gaze to the doorway to get a glimpse of this authoritative individual. My jaw drops and I am stunned. The man -boy- standing in the doorway is absolutely the most beautiful man I have ever seen. He has to be at least a head taller than I am and he is dressed in an immaculately pressed dark grey suit. The white dress shirt underneath is finished off with a maroon tie, with thin grey and white stripes. His soft brown hair is cut short (shorter than Norths) and his handsome face is enhanced by a pair of black rimmed glasses. Rather than make him look intellectual, the effect is quite the opposite. His face is nothing less than stunning; he could be a model in any men's magazine.