Chapter 31 - Reignited Flame

A/N - Hey guys... I am still alive. Having trouble getting time to write and when I do, the words don't come out right. So, here is the next chapter and I hope it's OK. I have been struggling a little, but it's been a while and you needed another chapter! Just so you know, this chapter takes place over a couple of days. Enjoy

Sang

Lying here on this cot is getting me nowhere. I have been trying to come up with a plan, while I lay here staring at the walls. I need to get up. I need to find a way to untie my hands and see if there is any way to get out of this building.

I feel like it's been hours since I woke, but I haven't seen or heard anyone nearby. Did Mr. McCoy just dump me here and plan to leave me to die? I look around and don't see any water, or food; not to mention the fact that there is no place for me to take care of my "needs". My step-mother had me tied up in a closet once and I had no place to relieve myself, it was humiliating to urinate all over myself. I don't want to deal with that again. Especially since I only have my bra and underwear and nothing to change into. With this thought in mind, I look around trying to find a bucket or something I can use. My bladder is becoming very uncomfortable and I find it hard to focus when I am trying not to pee myself.

After a cursory search, I know that I'm not going to find anything. There is only a cot and a chair in this little room. So, I decide I'm going to have to do my business in the corner on the dirt packed floor. I'm happy that the floor is dirt and not a concrete slab or something, hopefully it will absorb my release and not cause a horrible smell. I don't know how long I will be here and the smell would be horrible.

It was very uncomfortable to get my underpants down with my hands tied behind my back, but I succeeded. I didn't want to urinate on my underwear, since I'll be wearing them and them alone for the foreseeable future. I was able to release my bladder and now I'm sure I'll be able to concentrate much better.

I start walking around the small room, avoiding the corner that I used as my toilet. I look at the walls and check the door. I knew that it would be locked, but it never hurts to be sure. As I'm examining the door, I note a small piece of metal sticking out from the lower bracket. It looks sharp and I wonder if I can use it to cut the ties from my wrist. It feels like zip ties, so I can only hope that the metal is very sharp.

Just my luck it's the lowest bracket on the door, so I have to lower myself to sit on the ground near the door. The dirt floor is damp and it sends cold seeping into my bones. I can't worry about that at this time, so ignoring my discomfort, I sit and feel around for the piece of metal. With my back to the door - since my arms are tied behind my back - it's hard to find. I finally feel it and run my thumb over the length of it. I flinch when it cuts into my skin and I feel blood trailing down my thumb and onto my wrist.

I can't contain my excitement, because I will definitely need something very sharp to get these ties released from my wrists. I don't want to waste any time since I have no idea when Mr. McCoy, or anyone may come to check on me. I don't want to be tied up and helpless when that time comes. I want to be able to fight back, I want to make my guys proud. Those nine beautiful guys are the only people that would actually miss me if I were to die here. I don't want them to have the burden of my death on their minds. I have to help myself, because I can't rely on others to do it for me. I'm actually surprised by the thoughts running around inside my head. The old Sang Sorenson would have curled up into a ball and allowed the events to unfold around her. Now though, I have something incredibly beautiful to live for.

With this resolve in my heart, I lean back to make contact with the metal. I miss at first and my arm slides along the metal, causing another cut to open up along the delicate skin on the inside of my arm. I flinch, but don't let it stop me. I lean back again, slower this time, so that I don't cause another unnecessary cut. I feel the metal against my skin, so I gently move to the side an inch or so to get contact with the ties. I feel the metal bump against the plastic zip ties and I start to gently move my wrists up and down in a sawing motion. I'm not sure how long this is going to take, so as carefully as possible I continue to saw away at my bindings.