Chapter 13 - Chemistry

A/N - Well my friends, you can thank the ladies of TAFF for this unscheduled update. Apparently we agreed on Tuesday as "Update Day" and well, I was willing and I obeyed. LOL  - So, here is another 'unedited' chapter. Please don't throw tomatoes. I threw this together at work when I wasn't too busy, proofread it late last night and .. well, you get what you pay for. :) Enjoy

Sang

I am finally on my way to my first period class. Mr. Blackbourne gave me a pass and reminded me to wait for Victor after fourth period to bring me to his office. We are going to register me for the 'Couch Surfing' application. There is an approval process, so he wants me to sign up immediately. He assures me that his team will make sure I have someplace to stay for the weekend. I am not sure what "team" he is referring to, but I'm not going to think about it right now.

I reach my first period class and hand the pass to the teacher. Since Mr. Morris has already begun the class, all eyes are on me right now. I start to fidget while Mr. Morris reviews my pass. He looks up and tells me to take a seat. He looks annoyed by the interruption, but there is nothing I can do about it.

I turn toward the class and start to walk toward my usual seat in the back of the classroom, but I see that it is taken. The person sitting in that seat is handsome, in an intellectual sort of way. He has deep brown hair which sits perfectly against his scalp. On his face sits a pair of dark rimmed glasses. Normally I do not care for guys who wear glasses, but his glasses make him appear even more handsome to me. I guess after Mr. Blackbournes perfection, I have taken a liking to guys wearing glasses - who knew?

As I stand there and gawk at him, he seems to notice and sits up a bit taller in his seat. He is looking back at me and it is becoming awkward.

"Miss Sorenson, I asked you to take a seat," Mr. Morris says to me, becoming aggravated by me.

I blush and start looking around for an empty seat. Since all the classes in this school are quite crowded, the only available seat is directly in front of the boy I was staring at. There is no hope for it I suppose. I grasp the strap of my bag tighter in my hand and walk toward the empty seat.

As I sit down, I set my bag in the rack beneath the seat. Mr. Morris has yet to resume the lesson; he is working on something on his computer and tells the class to read the next chapter in our assigned reading book. I take the book out of my bag before sitting back up.

There is a tap on my shoulder as soon as I am upright in my seat again. I turn to look at the boy behind me. I know that I am blushing, because I can feel the heat in my face. However, I can't help it, here is another very handsome boy paying attention to me. I have been in this class since school began (about two weeks now) and I have remained invisible. Ever since meeting Luke and North last evening, I seem to be attracting all sorts of attention.

"Hi," he says to me. There is a shy smile on his face. I get the impression that he doesn't talk to girls that often. I don't talk to boys that often... well, I didn't talk to boys. "My name is Kota, well it's Dakota but everyone calls me Kota."

"Hi Kota, I'm Sang." I say in return. The blush I am sporting must be bright red, because it feels like my face is on fire.

"Hi Sang, it's nice to meet you," he returns.

"Same" I say because I just want to end this conversation.

"Ok class, let's get back to work. You can chat with your friends on your own time. When you are here in this class, you are on my time" Mr. Morris says in an imperious tone. He means what he says.

I immediately turn to face forward again. I am glad he said that, because I have no idea how to carry on an intelligent conversation with a boy. Sure I held my own yesterday with Luke and North, even Gabriel. However, I am so overwhelmed with the feelings I have been having, that my mind feels like it is short circuiting. I open my book and begin to read as we were instructed.