Chapter 14 - Jealousy

A/N - Since I wasn't in as much of a rush this time, you will have an edited version today. Thank you Claire!

Silas

When class is over, I get up and immediately grab my Aggele's bag. I don't want her leaving class without me. When she fainted on me this morning, I was worried that it meant she did not like me. For all of my bravado when I told her she fainted from looking at her future husband, I am not sure that she really likes me. I need to have some time with her to see what she really feels. I didn't miss the way that she leaned into my touch when I was putting that maláka

in his place. How dare he scare my beautiful Angelos?

Sang stands up and notices her bag in my hands. She smiles up at me and says, "Thank you, Silas." Does she not realize that I will do anything for her?

"It's no problem Aggele," I tell her. "I would be honored to walk you to your next class."

Shit, did that make me sound like an idiot? It sounded so formal; I don't want to be too formal with her. I want her to like me, not push her away with formality. I give myself a mental facepalm.

"Oh no, Silas. That's not necessary," she replies. "I can make it to my next class on my own. It is all the way out in Trailer 15. I don't know where you have to be, but I don't want to make you late to class. I'll be fine."

She reaches for her bag, but I hold it away from her. She is not going to get away from me that easily.

I grab her hand with my free one. I immediately turn for the door—I am not going to let her give me any more excuses. I am walking her to class. I don't want her to be accosted in the hallways by Greg, or any other Sakoúles vromiás.

"Come on, Aggele, we don't want you to be late for class," I tell her. "I will be fine. If I am late and need a pass, I can get one from Mr. B" I turn my head and show her my best smile. I want her to know that, while I am not going to let her walk alone, I will enjoy the time with her. I want to hold her hand and have more time with her. If I have to walk her to every class in this school just to spend time with her, that's what I will do.

"You are going to sit with us at lunch today," I toss out casually. I want it to sound like a light invitation, but she will be sitting with us. I don't want to give the Gregs in this school a chance to bother her again.

As we exit the class, I pull her in closer to my back. The hallway is a mess. There are always far too many bodies trying to traverse the halls of this godforsaken school. That is one of the reasons we are here. The overcrowding issue in this school means that they need some renovations to accommodate the influx of students. That, or a new building. However, with the missing money that cannot be accounted for, they are not able to do anything about the real issue, overcrowding. We are trying to find out what is happening: is it faulty bookkeeping, or is it embezzlement from within?

I push those worries aside for now and turn to tell Sang, "Hold on to my belt loop in the back and don't let go. I don't want to lose you in this crush."

I feel her small hand against my back, searching for a belt loop. I shiver from the contact. She can touch me all day if she would like to. Once she finds a belt loop, I use my free hand to make a path through the mess of students in front of us.

We reach the side door of the building in record time. I push open the door and we step out into the courtyard leading to the trailers. The trailers are the current solution to the overcrowding issue. Slap a few modular units in the courtyard of the building and call it good. Such Ilíthioi

running the place.

By the time we reach trailer 15, I only have one minute to make it to my class. I reach back and grab Sang's hand off of my belt loop and draw her in. She is now hugging me around my back. I hear her giggle and feel the vibrations against my back. I love how this feels. I need more of this. However, this is the closest I will get to a hug..... for now.