Chapter 23 - Unconditional Love

A/N - Hi everyone. As promised another chapter during Thanksgiving week. I hope you enjoy this one. It's a bit longer, but we are going to see a conclusion in a few more chapters. I hope you enjoy this one. The next few chapters may take some time as the holidays approach. Thank you to everyone who leaves me messages and vote. I am having such a great time writing this story. I'll have to think about a new story when this one ends. ;) 

Silas

I look at Sang as she stands in front of me. North had called me over to help our little Aggele up. I give the man a lot of credit, if I had had Sangs face in my crotch, I certainly would not have been so fast to have her removed. However, looking at him now where he lay sprawled on the carpet, I can see by the fit of his dark pants that he is in pain. I guess if we are going to take things slowly with our girl, we have to avoid situations like these.

I shake my head and know that the smile on my face is not welcome, but I can't help it. Between Sang's red cheeks, Mr. Blakbourne's tightly closed eyes and North's clenched fists, the situation is amusing.

All of a sudden all nine of our phones ring at the same time. The cacophony of all the different ring tones (one sounds suspiciously like Sang's giggle) is enough to drive a man mad. I snake my arm around Sang's waist and pull my cell from my back pocket. The picture on the screen is of Marc Weiland, he is an Academy member from another all dog team.

I answer the phone and say, "Hello?"

"Hey guys," Marc begins. The tone of his voice is off and he sounds more somber than usual. "I was told that your team is on the 'Couch-Surfing' case." he says.

"Yes," comes Mr. Blackbourne's curt response. I can't tell if he is still suffering from the effects of our 'game' or if he is nervous that Sang might overhear something.

I hold the phone's speaker down against my shoulder and lean down to whisper into Sang's ear, "Aggele, why don't you go into the kitchen and see what is available for lunch." I tell her. I need to get her out of the room so that we can all speak freely. Not that I want to relinquish my hold on this beautiful girl, but we have to be careful of what she may hear.

She nods her head and then in a move that takes me by surprise, she turns and snakes her arms around my neck. In the next moment she is on her tip toes, pulling my head down for a kiss. It is a gentle kiss and over way too quickly. I can tell that she hasn't had much experience in kissing as her lips were tightly pursed and she placed them far too gently against mine. However, it was a spontaneous kiss and it was from Sang, I can't help grinning like an idiot.

Sang releases me and steps back. Then she pivots on her heel and waves to the other guys as she practically skips out of the room. I watch her with the phone still held against my shoulder. I hear a throat clear and look over to see that Mr. Blackbourne and North have picked themselves up off the floor. The throat clearing was clearly from Mr. Blackbourne as he catches my eye and gives me a quick nod. He approves of me sending our girl off to the kitchen.

"Go ahead Mr. Weiland," Mr Blackbourne says into the phone. "Please tell us the reason for your call."

                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sang

I can't believe I just kissed Silas, on the lips! I am not sure what got into me, except for the fact that I had so much fun playing with all my guys and I was still floating on that high. Yes, I was quite embarrassed by the position I landed myself in, but besides a few laughs and those photos (I'll have to think on that situation more later), everyone seemed to take it in stride.