Chapter 28 - Trapped

Ok everyone, here you go. I seriously needed to get this part done. It's not the longest chapter I've posted, but I think you'll like it. Enjoy :)

Sang

The following week I am allowed back to school. Sean was able to switch out my heavy cast for a lighter synthetic walking cast. Owen was adamant that Dr. Green provide me with a note to leave class early so that I am not walking the halls with so many other students. In addition to the new updated cast and the addition of a single crutch, one of the guys will be assigned to leave class early to escort me to my classes. I am not, under any circumstance, to wander the halls on my own. That was an edict from Mr. Blackbourne.

The guys have been very busy lately, between looking for clues and information about the couch surfing assaults, working at Ashley Waters and taking care of me, they never have any spare time. I feel like such a burden to them. Ever since they met me, they have been doing nothing but feeding me, housing me and taking care of me. I am so worried that they are going to get tired of me and decide I am too much work!

"Earth to Sang," Gabriel says from beside me. Fingers appear in front of my face, snapping rapidly. It startles me and I lean back quickly, almost falling off the stool at the breakfast bar. Luke reaches out quickly and keeps me from falling from my perch.

"Easy Gabe, what the heck are you even doing?" Luke snaps at him. I hate it when the boys get cross with each other. One more thing to add to Sang's guilt pile.

I reach out and place my hand on Luke's arm to get his attention. "It's ok Luke, he was just trying to get my attention." I give a sheepish sort of smile and turn to Gabriel, "It's my fault for being so far away."

Gabriel's face shows remorse. He feels bad for scaring me. I reach out and wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in for a big hug. He buries his face in my hair and sniffs. It almost sounds like he's going to cry when he says, "I'm so sorry Trouble. I didn't mean to scare you. I thought you heard me calling you." I run my hands over his hair and say, "Shhhh, It's alright. I was just lost in thought."

He pulls back a little so that he can look at my face. He raises his hand to my face and asks, "Where did you go Trouble? Your face looked so sad."

I look at him and debate if I should share my concerns with him? Of all the guys, I feel like Gabriel would understand the most. Well Luke and Nathan would probably understand too, but I don't want them to worry about anything else. If they have to start worrying about my feelings, they are going to need to invent a twenty six hour day to get everything done. No, I don't plan to add to his worries.

I shake my head and plaster a smile on my face. "It doesn't matter, I'm back and I am ready to go to school." I get ready to jump off the stool and try walking on this cast. Since I have gotten it, the boys have not given me the opportunity to walk on it. How am I supposed to know if it is going to work for me, if I can't test it out?

Just as I finish that thought, a pair of strong arms reaches around and scoops me up. "Hang on there short stuff. I've got you." I smell the scent of leather and spice and I know exactly who has me. I guess I am not surprised, he was looking on the internet for industrial sized packages of bubble wrap last night. He was talking to Silas and said they needed one big enough to wrap a Sang, for at least five days. I love the way they joke around with me, at least I hope he was kidding. I guess I have to keep my eyes open for suspicious packages being delivered.

"North Star, put me down!" I squeak. "I need to practice walking on this thing. You guys keep carrying me around and people at school are going to start talking."