III- Girls Night

The next few days go by fast and thankfully Mr. Morgan backs off a little bit. There's still no sign of a smile from him but at least there's no detention.

"Have fun, babe," Dean says once we pull up to Becca's house. He kisses me goodbye before I get out and walk up to the door.

Jenny opens the door to let me in, as I step inside to see Bee right beside her.

"I only have one rule." She says, holding up her index finger. "No phones." I pull mine out of my pocket and hand it to her. I'm assuming she doesn't want me texting Dean all night. "Good. Jenny already called for pizza before you got here so I hope you're hungry." She guides me in the kitchen where the island countertop has food all over. From pizza to chips to cosmic brownies, it's honestly a little overboard.

"Let's dig in!" Jenny exclaims with her hands gesturing to the table.

After we grab all the snacks we desire we make our way into the living room. Jenny lays sideways on the couch with her food resting on her chest and stomach. Bee sits on the carpeted floor with pillows surrounding her and a blanket wrapped around her arms. I sit sideways in the armchair while using a pillow as my table.

As we eat Jenny smiles at us unnervingly. "What is it? Spit it out." Becca demands with a mouth full of pizza.

"Okay fine, Jake and I had sex." She admits with a giggle.

Bee throws a Cheeto at her. "You bitch, you said you'd tell me when you finally lost your V-card."

Jenny frowns and picks up the Cheeto before throwing it back, "Don't act like you haven't done it yet." I know it's all in good fun but I can't help but feel like the odd woman out.

"True," Bee turns to look at me, "When did you lose it?"

I hesitate momentarily before shaking my head, "I haven't." I set my plate down.

"Really? We thought you and Dean would've had sex before the both of us." Jenny says with a lipstick laden smirk on her face.

I shake my head, trying to explain this in a way that doesn't make me out to be a total prude, "I just want to wait until I'm ready. So probably after we graduate."

Bee makes a clicking sound with her tongue and moves her dark hair to one side of her shoulder. "I get that but honestly Hun, I knew I wanted Luke to take my virginity like a month after we started dating. Don't you get that feeling with Dean?"

"Yeah, you guys seem so happy and in love," Jenny adds.

I shrug, "We are happy, I'm happy, I just don't want sex to confuse us. I don't know if I'm making any sense." I didn't know this talk was on the agenda for tonight. I don't blame Jenny for bringing it up, she's happy and its big news. I just don't want to talk about myself.

Bee comes up to me and grabs my hand, "Don't worry we're not judging you. In fact, we think it's great. Wait until you're completely ready. That will make it all the more worth it."

Bee lets go and sits back down. "Yeah besides, sex for the first time is scary for everyone," Jenny says to which I agree. I relax at their words even though everyone has said the same thing. It's a hard knock life apparently.

Suddenly, Jenny jolts up and runs over to her bag. We stare intently as she ruffles through her stuff. "I almost forgot." She mumbles before pulling out a dark glass bottle of what I can only assume to be wine, "I snagged this from my mom. She hasn't been drinking wine lately anyway."

Becca laughs at our best friend, "Thank God my mom isn't home tonight."

A knocking sound from the door wakes me up. I wince from the pain in my head and hold it in place as if that would help. The knocking continues, "Bee, psst, wake up." I whisper because I can't handle the sound of my own voice.

I hear her groan on the floor beside me.

Slowly, I open up one eye and turn my head to get a good look at Becca. Her eyes flutter but for the most part, she's still asleep.

I lift my head to see Jenny upside down with her head hanging off the couch. "Jenny," I whisper yell but she doesn't move.

The knocking continues.

I force myself to sit up slowly before finally standing. The knocking gets louder as I get closer causing me to wince. I open the door to see Dean standing right in front of me with his right hand in the air ready to knock again.

"Jesus finally." He says under his breath. Dean doesn't look so happy but then again neither do I.

I turn to walk back into the living room, intentionally leaving the door open for him to walk inside. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"You weren't answering your phone, I got worried." I want to laugh at my overprotective boyfriend but even the thought hurts my head.

I walk over to Bee and shake her awake. She stirs but eventually she opens her big brown eyes. "Bitch." She says before sitting up. "God, how much did we drink?" My eyes make their way to the empty bottle of wine on the ground by her feet.

"A lot," I answer. Normally a bottle of wine wouldn't be that much between three people. However, we rarely drink deeming us lightweights.

"How did Jenny get like...?" Dean hesitates before gesturing to her, "...that?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I think she just fell asleep like that."

Before I can get to her a blue pillow hits Jenny's face. She jolt's up causing her to fall on the floor. "Ow." She complains, rubbing the back of her neck.

I help Jenny up and guide her down the hallway, "Come on, let's go get you some Excedrin."

While in the bathroom I take the time to brush my teeth and even out my hair as best as I can. Jenny groans from the pain in her head and swears against wine forever. When we make it back into the living room Dean has some coffee brewed for the three of us. I graciously accept mine and peck him on the cheek. "I'm sorry I worried you but we decided to turn our phones off," I explain in between sips of glorious caffeine.

Dean leans on Bee's white marble countertop and sighs, "I guess I did get a little carried away dropping by and all."

Becca laughs, "That's an understatement."

"Hey, I think it's sweet." Jenny chimes in.

I ignore them and concentrate on my coffee. "Regardless it turned out to be a good thing, you guys are hungover and in need of greasy food," Dean says.

Even thinking about food makes me want to hurl but I decide to smile and go along with it. "Yeah, sounds amazing."

Jenny claps her hands and stands up to put her shoes on. The only explanation I have for her behavior is she didn't drink as much as Bee and me. Regardless I comply and stand to put my shoes on.

It's not long before we're making the walk of shame to the car, off to the closest restaurant serving breakfast.