XLVII- Far From Over

"Good morning." Shawn says as I open my eyes.

I smile, "Morning."

"How do you feel?"

"A little sore, but okay." He opens his mouth to say something but my phone rings. I stand up and look for it in my sweats. Once I locate it I groan, "It's my mom."

Shawn sits up, "You should answer it."

I do as he says, putting the phone up to my ear, "Livia, where are you?"

"I'm at Becca's." I lie, reaching down to put my clothes back on.

"You said you'd be home."

I sigh, "I know, I'm headed your way now." We say goodbye and I hang up. "I have to go home."

Shawn nods, "School starts back up in two days."

I finish putting my clothes on and watch as Shawn does the same. "I don't know if I can do it."

Shawn comes up to me and places his hands on my shoulders, "I'll be with you as much as I can."

"At a distance though." I add.

His shoulders drop, "Yeah, at a distance."

I reach up and kiss him quickly, "I'll see you at school Mr. Morgan." He smiles at me, kissing me one more time before I really have to leave.

The whole way home is spent reminiscing about what happened last night. I can't help but touch my neck where his lips were masking any pain I felt.

"Danny, she's home!" I hear my mom yell when I enter the house. I walk into the kitchen where coffee is already made and help myself to it. They both rush to the kitchen and stare at me intently.

"What?" I ask.

"We just got off the phone with Logan Cooper, he said he's transferring Dean to a school in California. He's going to live with his mom for the rest of the semester." I'm shocked that his dad would do that but it must be a good compromise from pressing charges.

"Oh." I say.

"We agreed that it's what's best." My mom says but my dad doesn't seem like the plan. I know he wanted him in jail for what he did to me but this is the best way. He just needs help.

I take my coffee with me and begin walking upstairs but my mom stops me, "There's more." I turn to give them my undivided attention, "We tried to stay a few days but we got called in for a job in Nevada."

"When are you leaving?" I ask.

"The third, our flight is early." That always means that they'll be gone before I wake up in the morning. It's also the day school starts back up and I have to deal with the whole school knowing all about me.

My parents look worried that I'm going to overreact or get mad, but at this point there's nothing I can do. "Have a safe trip." I say, surprising them and walking up to my room. When I shut my door I lean against it and close my eyes. I know I'm going to have to see everyone today, to let them know how I'm doing but the truth is I don't know. I feel relieved that Dean is leaving but where's the closure? I feel upset that my parents are going back to work after they find out about everything. Mostly I feel like the semester is only half way through and yet everything is far from over.

I push off of the door, walk over to my bed, and set my mug down on the nightstand. I pull my phone out to check the messages. I have several from Dean, most of them apologizing and the rest promising to come back for me after graduation. I shake my head. I don't understand how he could still think I'd want to be with him after everything. I suppose we never officially broke up but I figured he'd take the whole town knowing as a hint.