XXXII- School Sweet School

Comment and Vote my lovelies!!!
————————————————

Three weeks. It's been three weeks since thanksgiving break and Dean has gotten mad at me more times than I can count. The bruises litter my body followed by the pain. He's gotten smarter though, he only hits me in places I can cover up with clothing.

I don't know what happened, I don't even know if he ever got help. Shawn was probably right about it all being a ploy to get me back. It's like when he told my parents about our engagement that was all he needed to confirm I would never leave him. They were so happy for us and they love Dean.

Shawn has ceased talking to me, I haven't even been his TA since before Thanksgiving break. What's worse is we still have these moments in class that makes me think he still likes me. Like hovering over my desk or prolonged eye contact during a lesson. He used to make me forget about what Dean does to me.

I cover up the latest assault on my wrist by pulling down my sleeve. I'm glad it's December and cold out instead of hot like the beginning of the year. It actually makes sense for me to cover up now. Still this year doesn't feel real, half the semester is almost over and all I have to show for it are bruises and a broken heart.

"Come on, we're going to be late." Dean says as he comes up from behind and wraps his arms around my waist. I flinch at first before leaning into him. There's no way I can get out of this, not anymore.

"Okay." I agreed, pulling out of his hold on me and grabbing my bag. Dean has gone back to driving me back and forth to school. He can keep a better eye on me this way.

The car ride is filled with music playing and silence between the both of us. When we get to school Dean shuts off the car and looks over at me, "Smile, all of this glooming around is getting annoying." He demands with a hard tone.

I force myself to smile as we walk inside the school. Jenny is already at the lockers with a wide smile, at least hers is real. "Guess what?" She asks but doesn't let me answer, "It's a girl!"

I hug her, "That's great Jen, I'm happy for you." I honestly tell her. Jenny and Jake have the kind of love that you can't fake. We pull away as I ask, "Does Bee know?"

"I do know." Bee confirms as she walks up to us.

Jenny laughs awkwardly, "I couldn't wait to tell someone sorry." I wave off her apology as her and Bee chat about the baby. The truth is I haven't been able to see them since the party. The only time we actually hang out is during third period. Dean doesn't really like to share me, or maybe he's scared they'll find out what's been going on. Either way it doesn't make for a very good friend.

I turn to Dean, "Isn't that amazing?" I ask about Jenny.

He grabs my arm, "It is, excuse us we have to get to class." The others don't see what's happening so they don't think anything of Dean pulling me away. Why would they notice how controlling he's gotten? They've only ever known Dean as a good friend and an even better boyfriend.

I take my seat next to Dean and once the bell rings, class begins. "Good morning," He greets, "I know we're nearing our last couple weeks before Christmas break but we still have a lot to cover before midterms." After that I stop paying attention.

Instead I watch the way Mr. Morgan moves and teaches, he's so confident. I wonder if we would've ever kissed that day if Dean was different. After all that's what caught his attention wasn't it? He makes eye contact and we share one of those moments. Then his gaze lowers and narrows on my wrist. I look down and notice my sleeve is pushed up. I push it back down and look at Mr. Morgan but he's not looking at me anymore, he's looking at Dean.