LX- Spring Break

Livia's P.O.V.

    I sit in the back of the taxi and continuously glance at my teacher. Two days ago I said I wanted to take things slow and now we're out and about together. I'm honestly surprised at the agreement we came to. I guess you could call this a fling, now that we're aware of its temporary status.

    Shawn squeezes my hand and smiles at me. He seems so much more relaxed, was that my doing? "We're here." The driver says as the car stops.

    We just grabbed lunch and are now back to help our parents for the day. Shawn hands the man some cash and lets go of my hand. We get out and walk inside, a few feet apart from each other. "Oh there you are!" Dianne says as she rushes up to us. "I have something to show you two."

Before Either of us could respond, she grabs my hand and begins to drag me behind her. I turn my head to see Shawn walking behind us with a questionable look on his face. Dianne guides us to the back of the building, I haven't explored this far before so I have no idea where she's taking us. We stop at an elevator and get inside. Dianne looks so excited she could burst. Her arm is now wrapped through mine and when the elevator doors open, we walk out onto the hallway where there is only one door.

Dianne lets go of me so she can reach in her pocket to grab the key. "I wanted a small place for when I'm in New York on business and your dad convinced me to turn this into an apartment." She unlocks the door and opens it up for us to go inside. "It still needs some finishing touches but what do you think?" I go inside first, noticing the spiral staircase right away. The next thing I notice are the brick-like walls in the living room and kitchen. "The kitchen is on the left, with an open floor plan and hardwood floors. There's a bathroom down the hall on the right and two bedrooms upstairs with a bathroom in the master. Of course there's still some painting that needs done, and furniture, but it's nice right?" I continue to look around, If I'm being honest this is my dream apartment. "Oh! I forgot about the office, it's down the hallway too." She points to the hallway and Shawn and I walk down to look at the office and bathroom. When we're done we walk up the stairs and look inside the master bedroom. It has a wall lined with bookshelves and a bay window that I'm obsessed with. I had no idea there could be an apartment so beautiful in this building.

This must've been office space for the owners before. It's the only explanation as to how they put this together so fast. "It's really nice, Dianne." I say as I turn to Shawn. He seems to enjoy it as much as I do.

"I like it." He curtly replies.

Dianne ignores him and walks up to me, "I had a feeling you would like it." She tells me with a big smile.

"Dianne? Oh-" My mom says as she walks in with my dad. "This place is really nice." She adds as she looks around the room.

"Thanks." Dianne responds. "What did you need?"

My dad takes a step forward, "We were just going to let you know that we're ahead of schedule. You're opening night could be moved up to the end of the week."

"Opening night?" I ask.

Shawn looks down at me, "It's going to be a party for opening night. It'll be mostly for investors and schmoozing." His voice is monotone, signalling that he's not excited for this event. I, however, think it'll be fun. It's been awhile since I've been to a formal event and it didn't go wrong. For example, the masquerade, and the New Years party. Both were disasters, I'm excited for a nice and normal party.

Dianne nods, "It's going to be so much fun! Danny, are you sure it'll be ready by Saturday?"

My dad shows her the checklist, "The only things we have left are decor related. I think we'll be more than ready."