LXIII- First Date

Friday rolls around very quickly and I promised Jenny I would try on my prom dress, before Seth picks me up. So after school I drove to her house and walked in on Becca in her prom dress. "Oh my God, Becca." I say.

Jenny nods while she looks over her work, "See, emerald goddess."

"What do you think Bee?" Jenny has a very large wall mirror in her room that Becca can't stop examining herself in.

She does a little twirl, "I can't believe I'm actually excited to wear a dress." Becca has always been more of a tomboy out of the three of us. "I'm obsessed with this thing, Jenny." All Becca would need is a little bit of gold jewelry to complete the look.

Jenny's excitement is evident as she hears becca say that. "Okay good, Livia, it's your turn." I know she can't wait for me to see mine so I hurry to Jenny's side. She hands me a yellow dress, just like she described it. I run my fingers through the soft fabric and begin to try it on.

Becca moves from the mirror and takes hers off, carefully handing it back to Jenny. "Oh wow." I say when I've finished putting it on. It's a lightweight, sheer and transparent fabric with a soft feel and delicate look. It flows freely over my curves, offering me a flattering fit. Instead of sleeves it wraps around my neck and has a very low cut. "I can't believe how beautiful this is." The yellow is soft and pastel, it really does compliment my skin tone while brightening me up at the same time.

"I'm so glad you like it." Jenny says with enthusiasm.

"Thank you Jenny, really." I say, really happy that I asked her to make these in the first place. "What time is it?" I ask.

Becca looks at her phone, "Almost seven, why?"

I look back at myself in the mirror, "Shit, I need to get home and get ready. Seth is picking me up in an hour."

I try to reach behind my back in order to undo my zipper but I can't get to it. Becca walks up behind me and undoes it for me. "Seth huh, I'm glad you're finally taking my advice"

I give her an impassive look, "Technically I'm not, I made it very clear that I wanted to remain friends."

I slip the dress off and carefully hand it to Jenny. She puts it up in one of those clear garment bags. "Wait you're going on a date with Seth but you're going as friends?" Jenny asks as I put my clothes back on.

"I-yeah. It's weird I know. Becca thinks I should date him but I just don't see him like that."

Becca crosses her arms over her chest, "I only think you should move on from Dean."

Jenny looks at me, "If you're not ready, then you're not ready. Don't let Bee be a pushover."

Becca smacks her arm playfully, "I am NOT a pushover. I'm also not the only one who thought they'd be cute together, you said so yourself."

Jenny turns back to me and laughs nervously, "Okay fine, but I was serious before. The time will come when you feel ready to get back out there, you're only eighteen." I'm eighteen and I already feel like there's no one else out there but Shawn.

I put my hands up in mock surrender. "I'm not angry at any of you for thinking dating him is a good idea. It's just not the right time for me. I'll text you guys later, I have to go." I hug Becca and Jenny before rushing out and driving home.

He hasn't given me much information about where we're going or what we're doing so I spend most of my time looking through my closet. I decide on a casual floral dress and maroon flats. I put my hair in a french braid and wear mascara with some lip balm. By the time I'm finished it's almost eight and I hear a knock at the door.