one hundred ninety four

Finah has added Mila, ManiBear, and Allysus*

Finah: alright bitches, are you ready?

ManiBear: it's time, let's do this

Allysus: i'm not too enthused but sure

Finah: shut up bitch you had all the ideas. you were the most excited for this.

ManiBear: #alren

Allysus: ...

Allysus: anyway where the fuck is camila

Finah: they're boxing up the last of lauren's shit in miami and driving back bitch, i thought you knew

Allysus: i DO know, it's just that she can still t e x t us

Finah: NOT IF SHE TRYNA FINISH PACKING A BOX BITCH

Allysus: OKAY CALM DOWN

Finah: anyway, everyone got the plan?

ManiBear: 👍

Allysus: 👍

Finah: camila, signal to let us know you're all good

Mila: 👍 lauren is in the car and has no clue what is going to happen, SIR!

Finah: ...

Finah: never call me sir again

Finah: a simple thumbs up would've been sufficient enough

"Can you pass the packing tape, babe?" Lauren closes the box with some effort, the items inside just barely squeezing in.

"No." Camila smirks, earning a playful glare from Lauren as she tucks her phone away in her pocket and walks around a collection of boxes to help her girlfriend. Leo lifts his head from the pillow on Lauren's bed, eyeing their interaction and calculating if it was worth it to get up and join them.

"Are you excited?" Lauren offers Camila a small smile, grabbing the first of the boxes to carry down to her car.

"Excited that I finally get to move into my own place? Excited that I'll have a pretty girl waking up next to me every morning? Are you kidding?" Camila grabs a box of her own, following behind Lauren. "Duh, I'm excited." Lauren chuckles, but she doesn't say anything back. "Are you?"

"What?" Lauren blinks as they reach the car, sliding the boxes into the back. "Yeah, of course. I'm just a little nervous, is all."

"Nervous?" Camila grabs Lauren's arm to stop her from walking back inside. "Why would you be nervous?"

"I dunno..." Lauren looks down sheepishly. "It's just that it'll be my first time living away from family, is all. I've lived with my parents all my life and I've been spending the summer with your amazing family, and I just... it's gonna be new, but I'll adjust."

Camila leans forward to kiss Lauren's cheek, grabbing her hand to lead her inside so they can finish grabbing the boxes. The gesture reminds Lauren of their second date, when they'd gone out to the movies the night before Camila left Miami.

Lauren pulls into the driveway, coming to a stop and shutting the car off. Camila unbuckles beside her, hopping out of the passenger's seat. Lauren meets her on the other side of the car, shaking her head with a smirk to prevent Camila from heading back inside.