3.Revenge

Hearing a commotion outside, I quickly changed into a purple sheni which
complemented my glossy black hair that I had pulled back into a ponytail.
As I slid the paper screens away, I was greeted with the face of my cousin, Linxuan.
She was in my courtyard smirking, whip in hand, waiting for today's beating. She was surrounded by male attendants who were clearly there for her fragile ego.
"Ai jei Sun," she called, " are you ready for your beating? Oh wait! You don't have a choice." She smiled maliciously, flexing the wrist that held the whip casually.
"Dear cousin, I do not think that I will be the one being beaten today," I replied innocently.
Rage flitted across her face and she cracked her whip.
"We'll see," was all she could answer with.
She coiled up her arm and released the whip at me. The men around waited for the crack, but it didn't come. Linxuan looked at me, gasping and so did her attendants.
"H... h ...how did y....you?" she stuttered, pointing at me.
I smirked, for I had caught her whip in one hand. With one firm tug, I pulled it from her hand.
"It's my turn now," I said sweetly.
With just a flick of my wrist, I sent her flying into one of the walls that surrounded the courtyard. Linxuan groaned. She had probably cracked a few ribs; judging by the shape that this body was in probably 3 ribs instead of the 6 that I would've usually cracked but 3 was good enough.
I smirked again and hit her once more this time I made a deep cut across her face which would probably scar her 'perfect' face.
Linxuan's attendants ran out, dragging her sorry carcass behind them. I returned to my room and gathered all of valuable items that I could find and tied them up in a square of cloth, ready to make my escape.
"Are you running away?" purred a deep masculine voice.
I turned to find a good looking young man leaning against the doorway to my room.
"That would be a terrible idea", he smirked,"all your relatives are waiting for you."
Returning his stare I said " firstly I am not running away and secondly they are no relatives of mine." With that I pushed past him and grabbed the bejewelled handle of his sword.
"AI JEI SUN," screamed a shrew of a woman, "YOU HAVE RUINED MY DAUGHTER'S FACE AND PROSPECTS I DEMAND THAT YOU BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE!"
I sauntered outside to see my raging aunt being restrained by her husband. A hush fell upon the gathered crowd as the ancient head of the family approached.
"Ai Jei Sun", he said shakily," as a consequence for what you have done you will fight against an opponent that Linxuan Sun's mother has chosen- "
"I choose Xi Ji Sun." Said the shrew almost immediately.
The crowd murmured. Why are they murmuring? I thought to myself.
"Your older half brother Xi Ji Sun is ranked 3rd in the country." A low sounding whisper told me. I noticed the handsome stranger staring at me to see what I was going to do and a glint of amusement in his eyes. I switched the sword from my right hand to my left hand.
"Trust me I'll be fine. I can even do this in one strike with my non dominant arm just watch." I said giving him a confident look. He grinned at me and I grinned back. I looked back at the crowd to see it parting before a youth with light brown hair, twin Jians and a condescending smirk plastering his face. I guess in this time period he would be considered handsome with high cheekbones and a nose crooked from being broken a few times. I guess in this time period being rugged would be handsome but if the man behind the door was a 10 this guy would be a -10. The youth stoped before me and drew his blades.
"Mei Mei let big brother teach you what happens when you hurt someone," he noticed the sword in my left hand and scoffed " you are left handed what bad luck."

A/N in Ancient China it was bad luck to be left handed as it was an unclean hand.

"No you cocky brat", I replied " I'm not left handed however I can take you on with my left hand and win." I bragged. He seemed to have had enough conversation as he stepped back into the fighting ring, his back facing the gathered crowd. I gracefully stepped into the fighting ring and smiled at him.
"3....2.....1.... GO!"
Xi Ji leaped towards me at lightning speed but I was faster. He landed.
"Where is mei mei...." I pushed my blade a little closer to his bobbing Adam's apple.
"Match winner Ai Jei Sun!" The referee announced. The crowd was too shocked to say anything. I humbly bowed my head then traipsed out of the ring.
"Well fought", a deep voice purred," I found it very enjoyable." The gathered crowd bowed and I looked back to find a pair of sapphire eyes gleaming back at me.