17. Stay With Me

Ai Jei POV
I placed a restraining arm across my fiancée's chest as he angrily made his way toward ps the right premier. The look in his eyes alone was enough to shake them to the bones. As much as I wanted to kill everyone in the right premier Xi could get severely reprimanded for possibly wiping out a majority of the royal army under the emperor's rule.
"Don't kill them yet, it is not their fault."I whispered into his ear trying to calm him as I gently rubbed circles on his back. Eventually his tense muscles relaxed and so did the entire left premier who, a second ago were bursting to fight someone. Huh....like master like slaves.
"I...I...don't care that you are alive. Right premier attack!" Blubbered a minister. Fool. I shot a glare at the right premier. Another step back was taken. They are all scared fools, I smirked come at me.
"Anyone who can make it outside of the walled compound lives!" I grinned maliciously as the right premier and ministers alike stumbled over each other in haste to remove themselves from the walled courtyard.
"I'll be back in a moment honey." I whispered in Xi's ear and gently kissed his cheek. With that I leaped into the air just as a delicate pink blush spread over my fiancée's cheeks.
I glared at the offending party who had dared to upset my Xi. I slashed and soared sparing none. It is safe to say that a good percentage of the imperial army was wiped out. Once I was done I retrieved my throwing knives and wiped the blood on my Jian of onto a dead soldier's uniform. I turned to face my fiancée. Grinning at me he called my name.
"Ai Jei." I walked towards him only to notice a looming shadow behind him.
"XI! WATCH OUT!" I yelled now sprinting towards the man I was starting to harbour affection towards.
Slash
Time seemed to slow down as I saw my darling Xi's back get brutally slashed. I could see the droplets of blood hitting the ground. Just like that his tall lean body fell to the ground covered in blood. No Xi....xi. I slit my fiancées attacker's throat then ran towards Xi. He can't die. We were going to find out who murdered my mother together. We were going to get married, joke around....maybe even have some princes and princesses. I stood up and took a step backwards as Imperial Concubine Chen ran towards her son. I can't imagine what immense grief she was feeling. She had only just got her son back to see him bleeding out before her.
In one swift movement Huang picked him up and carried him to the royal physician. "Help him!" I cried a the thin, old man appeared.
I sat down , my head in my hands, as the doctor worked in his area of expertise. I waited...and waited. What happened to him. The doctor turned to us, his face grave.
"I am sorry but the blade was poisoned. To cure him completely you will need to get the rare Buddha lotus from the Diao Gong mountains or else his highness will die.
I stood up startling the gathered crowd.
"I will find the Buddha flower on the meantime, mother-in-law please take care of Xi's assets. I walked over to my pale fiancée.
"Stay with me Xi!"
Then I walked out.