7. Fighting fire with fire

Xi Huanyuan's POV (the fiancée)
"Little one," I breathed.
"H...how are you alive?!" I stuttered uncertainly. My betrothed smirked at me.
"I bet that you want to know," she said seductively, "but first I need some fresh air."
"Of course!" I replied blushing furiously at her tone. I lead her outside into the courtyard.
"You want to know how. Well I will tell you", she turned her head and called " Fei Xuan come here!"

Ai Jei's POV
"Fei Xuan come here'"
Xi looked at me weirdly and gestured at my appearing bodyguard as if to ask why him? I ignored him and asked Fei Xuan a question.
" Fei Xuan what did I apply to my nails earlier this morning?" I inquired.
"A mixture of grass pollen and snake poison ma'am." He replied quite obviously out of breath. Xi looked at me with wide eyes as it dawned on him what I had done.
"Little one please say that you didn't do what I think that you have done?" He asked groaning in anticipation of my answer.
" Yes I did beloved." I replied.

****************************************
Flashback
"Is it not to your taste Ai Jei?" Asked the older princess.
"No, it's wonderful!" I replied carefully swirling my finger in the concoction and taking a sip.
****************************************
"When I swirled my finger in the blend of blood ginseng, mint and plantain I mixed in the concoction of grass pollen and snake poison. These two blends reacted in such a way that it neutralised all of the poison in both the tea and snake poison. I knew exactly when to expect to be called to the first residence and what ingredients were in the beverage through my dear handmaiden ,who I requested to find out." I grinned at my betrothed who looked ready to faint.
The look on my bodyguard's face as he comprehended what I just said was priceless and I burst out laughing. Colour started to fill out the washed out face of my fiancée. Actually a little too much colour. I stopped laughing as Xi's face turned red and he opened his mouth to yell at me, I tentatively covered my ears.
"AI JEI SUN," oh this is bad," WHY DID YOU RISK YOUR LIFE GOING TO THE FIRST RESIDENCE EVEN THOUGH YOU KNEW THAT YOU COULD BE POISONED. ON TOP OF THAT YOU DECIDED TO FIGHT POISON WITH POISON!WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!"
Feeling that my fiancée could explode I hugged him and relaxed as I felt the anger diffuse. I let go of him an looked at his face. He glared back at me then stalked back to his chambers.