Chapter 8

Rin's P.O.V.

   "Izumo? What are you doing here?"

She sighed and rolled her eyes at me as though the answer was obvious.

"Oh, I don't know. It could be the fact that you pretty much had a mental breakdown in class and then ran off and disappeared for about three weeks," she said sarcastically.

   I raised an eyebrow. Was she... concerned about me? She must've known what I was thinking cause she turned red and she quickly shouted that she wasn't concerned, she was just bored and everyone in the class was getting annoying with all their talk about why Bon and I weren't in class, so she decided to find out. It was, of course, just to make the rest of the exwires shut up. Not at all because she cared.

   "Aww, Izumi cares about me!" I squealed.

   Her face, if possible, turned an even darker shade of red and she turned away with a "hmpf".

   "But really," I placed my hand on her shoulder. "Thanks for caring. I thought you hated me too."

  She snorted and stared at me as though I was the stupidest thing she'd ever seen. "Why would I hate you?"

  "Cause I'm... you know... the son of... Satan. I'm dangerous."

  She started laughing. "That's funny. You! Dangerous!" She continued to laugh for a few more minutes while I just stood there, unsure what was happening.

   Her laughter finally died out. "You may be the son of Satan, but that doesn't make you dangerous. Yeah, maybe you lost control a bit when you were fighting Amaimon, but you were only using your powers to protect us. You've been in our class for months and not once have you burned any of us."

   "Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm the son of Satan," I pointed out.

   "So what? I don't see why the others are making a big deal of it. So far, you don't seem like a homicidal lunatic. It's also idiotic of them to act like you've suddenly changed. The whole time we've known you, you've been Satan's son. The only difference now, is that we aware of it. They should be grateful. You revealed your biggest secret just to save us."

  I was touched by her words. At least now, I know one person doesn't hate me.

  "You're not mad that I didn't trust you all enough to tell you about it?"

    She shrugged. "Not really. You were in a class full of people who were training to become exorcists not to mention, a few of them hold a lot of resentment toward Satan. If you had told them before they'd gotten to know you, they would've killed you."

   I couldn't believe it. There's actually someone who doesn't hate me! I really wanted to hug her, but she'd probably punch me if I did. Oh well, I'll take that risk.

    I felt her stiffen as I pulled her into a hug. "Thank you Izumo," I whispered in her ear.

  "Whatever. By the way, I hate hugs," she muttered, although she didn't pull away.

   I let her go and smiled at her. "You're not as cold as you act."

  She wrinkled her nose, "what's that supposed to mean?"

  "It means, you act like you're all cold and don't care, but you're actually a really nice person."

  "That's not even remotely true," she protested.