Chapter 18

Rin's POV

   "Oh hell no."

"Please for meeeee?" Kai begged, attempting to use his puppy dog eyes.

"Did you not just hear me say, hell no? Cause I'm pretty sure I already gave you my answer."

"Please Rinny."

  "If you never call me that  again, I'll do it," I muttered. I could feel my eye twitching in annoyance.

"Yes! I promise you won't regret it!" Kai said excitedly.

  I rolled my eyes, "Don't make promises you can't keep."

  Kai put a hand to his heart, pretending to look offended. "I'm hurt! Wounded! How could you be so cruel?! What have I ever done to deserve such unprovoked doubt?!"

  I raised an eyebrow at him, unimpressed. "I don't know, maybe it was that time when you tried to cook sausage and you somehow succeeded in totally burning the outside yet the insides were completely raw..."

  "That was one time!" He protested.

"Oh yea, and that time when you used salt instead of granulated sugar..."

  "A common mistake!"

"And that other time when you tried to make microwaveable ramen and accidentally set it on fire.."

"The manufacturers obviously did something wrong."

  I let out a long agonised sigh. "I swear Kai, if you burn down my kitchen, there will be a repeat of last Tuesday..."

Kai screeched loudly. "Okay! I promise! Good gods Rin, you don't have to threaten me with something that brutal! Besides, that's the whole reason I'm asking you to teach me... so I don't burn down any more kitchens!"

"Th fact that you've already burnt down multiple kitchens, makes me worry for you."

  Kai put his middle finger in front of my lips, succeeding in shushing me and flipping me off simultaneously. "Shhhh child, that's in the past, it's unimportant now."

"You literally set a kitchen on fire last Mond-"

"Shhhhhh," he once again cut me off with his finger. "Let's get started."

I rolled my eyes. 'I'm so going to regret this..'

**********^^^^^^^^^^^^**********
I was right. I regret it.

"Kai! That's mint! The recipe asks for parsley!"

  "That's pretty much the same thing isn't it? Isn't it?!"

"No! It's most definitely not!"

"Well shit... I guess I screwed up.." he said, sounding completely unbothered by the fact that this was his THIRTEENTH time messing up in the past 45 minutes.

"Please remind me why I'm friends with you again.."

  Kai smiled and shoved his cheek against mine, "Cause you looove me?"

I groaned and turned away, trying to hide the smile on my face. He's so frustratingly adorable!

The sound of a door closing and a voice grabs my attention. "Um... am I interrupting something?"