XV

August 3, 2012

August 3, 2012. 

Dear Mom and Dad,

Its the same thing over and over again. 

Fred and Roxy came over the house today, since George wanted to see Ginny and how little Lilu was doing. 

Fred is about 10 or 11, so he will also be joining Hogwarts this year. Roxy is two years younger. But that's not my point. 

Fred, James and I sat in the living room, and Fred started to cry. I didn't know what to do. I asked him what was wrong, the same way I ask Lilu when she cries, even if she's small.

He told me something that I had taught since the day I finally understood everything.  

He hated his name.  

He didn't like to be called Fred.. and then James pitched in that he didn't like being called James Sirius.. and then I said that I didn't like to be called Edward Remus.  We took the conversation outside, and we listened to each other. 

James hated being James. Every Halloween, Harry couldn't really call him or Lilu by their names. He told us that he didn't want to be the reminder to his father of his grandpa and Harry's god-father. Fred said around the same thing. Everyday, he reminded his father about the brother he lost, and that Fred feels that he needs to be just like his Uncle Fred was so that the family wouldn't even be reminded that they actually lost a brother.

At times, I don't like being called Edward by Grandma or even Ginny whenever I'm in trouble. Harry called me Remus once, and I don't want to be the reminder to myself that my dad isn't here, or that I remind Grandma about Grandpa or even Mom at times when my hair changes to her hair color when she passes her fingers through my hair.  

I understand the whole, don't kill the spirit of the person that has left us..

But it worse to be the reminder than be reminded. 

Love, Teddy Lupin.