CHAPTER TWO

The elevator door opened and the ding of the doors took me out of my daydream of how this would all go down. I concentrated on walking so that i wouldnt have to imagine myself being fired infront of Marshall and eveyone who was extremely important to the company. If i was going to get fired then it might as well be in a private office with no witnesses. I needed my pride and my didgnity. I just hope that Mr. Demakis would think so too.

The smile on Marshall's face told me that everything had gone well. Too well if you asked me. Marshall was a happy chap all the time but this was epic. The senior man was laughing and smiling at the same time, his face was red, really red. The only time Marshall got red was when he was really angry ,which by the way was not pretty , or really happy. From the looks of things he was really happy.My eyes roved around the senoir men and a few young ones as they walked out of the board room but i couldnt see him.Then by some weird and inexplicable force, my heart beat got slower and everything seemed  to move and sound slower. I saw him. Just as i took the last step to stand next to Marshall he was infront of me.

My breathing slowed down as my eyes widened at the very tall and intimidating figure infront of me.

"Ah! Ms. Devonne, i would like you to meet Mr. Andreas Demakis, the new president and owner of Nolcorp' Marshall said as he patted my back

'This lady right here is pretty much my right hand, she's got the best workmanship i've ever seen' he added as he grinned even wider if that was possible'

Mr.Demakis eyes narrowed on meeting mine and a small devious smile crept onto his face as recognition plastered his handsome features.He was handsome. How did i not notice that earlier?

'Ms.Devonne, sounds familiar' he said as his eyebrow lifted.

'Really? i could swear before her i had never heard of the name 'Marshall said while still smiling.

Marshall introduced me to the other men as i tried to look anywhere but at Mr. Demakis whose eyes i could feel boring holes into my skin.

'We're running a  bit late so let me escort these gentlemen out and i'll be back to give you a general tour of the top floor'

'I think Ms.Devonne here would be more than willing to be my tour guide, wouldnt you Ms. Devonne?'

'Thats a better idea, Keira show Mr. Demakis around I'll be right back'

'I would rather wait ..here..for you Marshall' i said with a nervous laugh feeling extremely uncomfortable at the thought of being left with a man i didnt know and who possibly would want to murder me considering the tongue lashing i had given him earlier.

'Nonsense, I'llbe right back, Mr.Demakis i asure you you are in good hands'

Mr. Demakis nodded to Marshall before Marshall turned away.

i stood there watching Marshall walk away with the other men and with each step they took away from me i felt my fear increase a little bit more.

'Shall we?' he said as he extended his arm indicating that i should lead the way. I took that as my cue and started walking. I dared not look at him .

'Let's start here' I said as i led him to the Human Resource Department and pointed out the obvious to him. All  he did was   nod as he listened. Not once did he make eye contact with me as i led him through the different offices and neither did I.We came to a stop at Marshall's office in silence. He stopped silently behind me and i started talking.

'so this is ,was,Mr.Marshall Nolan's office, your new office. It has an adjoining washroom, shower and bedroon through this door over here' i said opening the door, 'for the late nights he, i mean you'll be working ,when ,you'll be working late nights'. An awkward silence fell and i turned around to face him unable to take it anymore.The tension in the room could be cut with an axe.