CHAPTER FOUR

It had been a week since Mr. Demakis moved in to Marshall's office and it hadn't been that bad. He had been weirdly sweet to me (for Andreas Demakis, I had come to realise that sweet is no barking or glaring at someone ) and had taken me to dinner thrice this week. Well in my head it was dinner but honestly, it was just take out in the office as he worked late and I planned his schedule and went through documents with him. I mean we just ate and he never really spoke about anything other than business as we ate, plus he ignored me the minute I walked out of his office which was weird but I respected that he didn't like to have a personal relationship with employees. Awkward much ? Definately considering after every dinner he had made me remind Caroline to meet up with him. I doubted he cared that that was what cellphones were for but I had become used to it so it just didn't bother me anymore. To be honest he was much more dedicated and hardworking than Marshall had ever been The company's stock had gone up three points so far, which was huge for us considering the last time we made as much money as we are currently making according to the original workers who started out when the company was just opened was before the recession hit. It was that good.

"Ms. Devonne, my office now" I heard his deep voice through the phone on my desk. I stood up and all but ran to his office. He was very intimidating and the last thing I wanted was to get on his bad side. I opened the door to his office after knocking and walked in to stand infront of his desk where he sat.

"Have a seat" he said smiling.

"You're smiling"I said  frowning.

He lifted his brows as his smile grew wider.

"You say that like its a bad thing"

"I, its just not like you is all"

"You dont know me" he said pointing at me, " but i'd like that to change" He lay back in his chair.

Now I was confused.

"starting today,actually" 

"Don't take this the wrong way, but why?

"You and Marshall worked well because you knew each other , what's wrong with me doing the same?"

"o okay?"

"The benfit dinner thats tonight , i'd like it you to accompany me"

"You want me to accompany you"

"Did I stutter?"

"No" i said feeling sheepish and looking down

"You will accompany to the dinner tonight so Ive put four thousand in your account .for you to buy something fitting for the dinner." My jaw dropped. Four thousand! for what? I can't go I had promised my mother I was going to take her down to the pier to buy seafood and I was honestly looking forward to it. I hadn't seen her in three months.

"but I.."

"I'm not asking I was just trying to be polite. You are free tonight because I just told what  we're going to be doing"

There was a short silence.

"So i'm guessing i'll see you there?" I said as i stood up feeling like a chastisised child. This man was going to give me low self esteem yet I wasn't even in highschool. He was a bully in his own right.

"See you tonight. You can have the rest of the day off."

Andres P.O.v

I could have asked nicely but i had seen the hesitation in her eyes and I wasn't having it. I watched the sway of her ass as she walked out of my office and my trousers tightened. The dinner would be where I would make my move on her. I could tell she was atrracted to me. She always got nervous when she was around me. This wasn't going to be hard for me , at all.