Chapter 3

"Hi." I said.

"Sweetheart, join us." My Dad said. They were having dinner and I love dinner.

"I thought you're not coming back until next month?" I took my seat facing Bryce. I wanna pour again this juice to him.

"We have something important to tell you." My Dad said and my Mom nodded. They both look so uncomfortable and uneasy.

"We're very very sorry, Sweetheart. We really don't want this but you need to marry Bryce, the son of the president." My Mom said and I can see pity in her eyes. Are they pulling a prank on me? Is it April fools day or what? Is this an arranged marriage? I thought it only happens in movies? Don't tell me this is happening to me. I'll run away from them if this is true.

"What?! Why?!" I feel like crying. They both know I hate guys so why are they doing this to me? I've got too much pain. I won't be able to handle this anymore.

"Because your parents are not paying the exact tax." The guy beside Bryce, who is probably the president said.

"So? What's the connection of marriage and tax?" I said or I mean I yelled at them. I really wanna run away to a place or even a planet where no one knows me.

"So, you're parents are tripling the tax payments and you're marrying my son, if you won't marry my son or your parents are not tripling the payments, you know what will happen." He said. Oh, so he means the two thirds of what my parents are paying will go to him. Asshole.

"What?"

"We'll go to jail, Sweetheart." My Dad said. No, they can't go to jail and I can't marry that Merrick too. What should I do now?

"So, you're parents agreed to the payments and are you marrying my son? It's your choice. Marry him and you have nothing to think about. Our families will rule the world." The president laughed like a villain in the superhero movies. This stupid president really does wants money and fame.

"Wait! He's not even twenty one yet so he can't marry me." I smiled in victory. Yeah, I'm eighteen and so does he. He can't marry. He needs to wait for three long years. Who's the smart girl now, huh?

"Jessica, Jessica, Jessica, you're living in New York, even a fourteen year old can marry as long as with parental consent and a court order." The president smiled at me. What the?! Is he joking?!? Fourteen year old?!? This is a joke.

My jaw dropped. I don't wanna eat anymore. What would I do now? I don't want my parents to go to jail and also I don't want to marry that Merrick who is just sitting comfortably on his chair and enjoying his food.

*****Bryce's POV*****

I saw Jessica's eyes brimmed with tears. She really doesn't wanna marry me. Hell, no. I wanna marry her too. We both have no choice. She needs to marry me so that she can save her parents from jail and also I need to marry her or else my stupid father here will send me to the US Navy. I don't wanna die early, you know. I'm too hot and handsome to be a navy.

"I need time." Jessica said. She's just controlling herself not to burst into tears.

"You must decide now, Jessica." My stupid father said and Jessica burst into tears.

"Don't worry, Jessica. I won't do anything to you. I don't like girls. I'm a gay as in -i-like-guys-." I said in a high pitched voice. God, I really need to marry her. I hope this lie works.

"Really?" Jessica's face lit up. She really does hates guys.

"What?!" The three oldies said in unison. Their faces are so priceless especially my father. I wish I could take a picture of that.