Chapter 31

I didn't bother to change my clothes but instead I went down from his apartment and went to my car. I really don't know where to go.

Think, Jessica! I told myself.

I started the engine but I really don't know where to go. God, where is Bryce?

I feel like banging on my head on the steering wheel when my phone rang. And it was Bryce calling me.

"Bryce! Where are you? Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. I don't know what I would do if something wrong happened to him.

"I'm fine. Nothing's wrong and go back to sleep. I'm coming home." He answered coldly and hung up.

What did I do? Why is he acting like this towards me? Is it my fault that his father got kidnapped? That stupid president!

*****Bryce's POV*****

I don't know what to do anymore. My father is really fucked up. He was not kidnapped! He just made it to make me see him! I hope he was just kidnapped for real.

He wanted me to join the navy. He wanted me to join the fight between America and North Korea. He wanted me to die. His one and only son is really gonna die. I know I won't survive.

I don't want to join. I wanna be a doctor and stay with Jessica. We've only got one another and I don't wanna leave her.

I'm doing something that would really crush both our hearts but this is for her own good. I'm doing this for her. My dad wanted me to join the navy or else he'll tell it to the world about Jessica's parents. And that would make them go to prison and it would only result to Jessica being sad. I don't wanna see her sad.

I can do this. This is just for her own good.

I fished my phone from my pocket and dialed her number.

"Bryce! Where are you? Are you okay?" She answered like she's about to cry. God, no. I don't want her to get hurt. I lover her too much to hurt her.

"I'm fine. Nothing's wrong and go back to sleep. I'm coming home." I answered like nothing just happened like I don't care that she's concerned and cared for me.

And I hung up before she said another word. It would really kill me to hear her crying.

I drove as fast as I can back to my apartment and I really don't know what to say to her. I can't tell her I'm leaving today and doing this for her parents. I know she won't let me to. I don't want her to choose between me and her parents. I'm not worthy of her love. She's to good and perfect to me. And I'm here the stupid jerk and asshole that she was forced to marry.

I tried not to make a sound when I entered the apartment but she's there waiting for me, sitting on the couch.

"Bryce!" She ran to me and hugged me so tight. "Love..." Was all she said and she started to cry. No, stop crying.

"Hey, nothing to worry." I hugged her back and kissed her forehead. "My dad wasn't kidnapped. He was just drunk and told one of his body guards to play a prank on me. Stupid, huh" I tried to laugh. This is killing me. I don't wanna lie to her.

"Your dad is stupid. He made me so worried about you. I thought something wrong happened to you and I don't know if I can handle it." Oh my God, what would happen if I'm leaving her?

"I'm good. Safe and sound. You have nothing to worry about." I cupped her face and kissed her lips. "let's just go back to sleep." I pulled her to our room and she followed.

"I love you, Bryce." She kissed my lips and snuggled to my side.

"I love you more and I will always forever love you, Jess." I kissed her forehead hoping that leaving her was only a joke. "Goodnight, Love." I saw a little smile formed on her lips. If I die, I won't be able to see that smile again. I won't be able to hug and kiss her. I won't be able to bake cookies and make hot chocolate for her. I won't be able to smell her chocolate and mint scent. No one's gonna tease about my crappy voice and dance moves. No one's gonna say 'I love you' to me. No one can make me happy but her. I can't go with her on prom which she's secretly wanted to go, pretending she doesn't want to. She's the simplest and the most beautiful girl I've ever met. She's so beautiful inside and out.

I watched her sleeping and snoring peacefully. I'm so afraid that when I blink she'll be gone to my side but I'm the one who's leaving her.

I moved her hands slowly away from me, not wanting to wake her up.

I immediately put some of my clothes inside my luggage. I don't plan bringing a lot since I'm dying there anyway.

I kissed Jessica goodbye. I wanna hug her and never leave but I can't I need to go before she wakes up. I can't leave seeing her crying or getting mad at me. I wanna leave her with a good memory of me.

I got a piece of paper and wrote something for her, sticking it on the fridge with the magnet.

*****Jessica's POV*****

I woke up around twelve in the afternoon and I'm hungry. I hoped Bryce cooked something delicious.

I went to the kitchen but he wasn't there but I saw a note sticked on the fridge.

It says, "Love, always be happy. I will always and forever love you. ~Bryce" I giggled with his note.

What is this about? Is he trying to be sweet for leaving me last night? Where is that guy?

I went back to our room to get my phone and called him.

I called for a million times but he never answered.

Bryce, please, pick up your phone!

I kept on calling him until the afternoon and I just can't do it anymore. This is killing me. What if something's wrong happened to him this time?

Thank, God. I saved the president's number on my phone. I called him but he's not answering too. Maybe he was kidnapped this time! Kill the president but not his son. That old man is really a pain in the ass.

Calling them is no use. What's the use of their phones if they're not answering?!

I went to the police station to asked help. I hope they can help me.

"Oh. How may I help you, Mrs. Merrick?" The old policeman, kindly asked me. Really, does he have to know me?

"Hi. I need you to help me to look for my husband. He's not answering his phone and his dad's phone too. I've been trying to call them."

"Um. I think you need to watch that." The policeman pointed the tv on the wall beside me.

I saw Bryce wearing a navy's uniform, climbing up the helicopter and his dad just watching him. He should stop him!

I didn't say any word or even spare a glance to the policeman. I went inside my car and drove as fast as I can. He should not go. He's not a navy! He's my husband and he's not meant to join for a war.

He must not go.

Driving and I can't stop crying. He can't leave me. What if something wrong happened to him? And about the deal, marrying me makes him not joining the navy, right? But why is he joining?

I arrived but I was too late. Everybody was gone an I'm here standing alone.

"Bryce!!!" I yelled as loud as I can. I can help but my eyes are turning to a waterfall. My heart is breaking into pieces. And like it was burned. It hurts. A lot.

Why does he have to leave me? And how can I be happy without him. He makes me happy more than anything.

###### Hey, Guys! Sorry if this is too crappy, I'm just sleepy. I hope you liked this chapter!

What you think would happen next? What do you think about the president? XOXO ######

Please quomment! XD