Abused By A Villain. Saved By A Hero, I Mean Doctor

I'm pushed against the wall by Maxwell, he's my foster dad. He kicks my legs, I hear a crack. He kicks me continuously in the chest. He's a 275 pound man, It's definitely damaging. I feel one last kick to my head, It all goes black.

I wake up in an ambulance.

"Holy-, stay with me kid," The man says.

"My head hurts," I say going to touch my head, a sharp pain goes through my head.

"Yeah, bad idea kid,"

"Didn't think to tell me that BEFORE I touched my head?!"

"Sorry," I smile softly in response to his apology.

"What's your name?"

"Amity Wills. Which hospital are we going to?"

"Seattle Grace." He says.

Of course. Of all the hospitals, the one that took my mother away. I hardly remember her, in fact, from what I do remember she drank all the time. But she never hit me, I'm mad over the fact that it left me all alone. My dad was in a car accident before I was born according to Cady, my social worker. The rest of my family wanted nothing to do with me, they were religious freaks who didn't want a baby who was born out of wedlock.

"We're here," I was rushed into the hands of surgeons.

"Hi Amity, I'm Dr. Karev. We're gonna take good care of you here."

They wheeled me into a room in the pediatric ward of the hospital. A bunch of nurses swarmed me and connected me to machines. About 5 minutes later Cady showed up with my stuff, which wasn't much. We talked about what happened.

"Hi Amity, I'm Dr. Shepherd.," He said to me. He seems nice, but I feel a connection. Like, destiny or something.

"Hi Dr. Shepherd, my head hurts," I said, acknowledging the pain in my head.

"I know, I'm hoping I can fix that. I'd like to take her into surgery, immediately.," So, of course they prepped me for surgery.

Time Skip-

I wake up to a dimly lit room, all alone. It must be really late. I touch my head, the bandages. The surgery must have went well. I start crying. I hate being alone. Im 100% alone. I don't notice the footsteps until a woman starts talking,

"Hey, what's-" I interrupt her and hug her.

"Shh, hey you're ok. It's gonna be ok.," She soothes, hugging me. When I calm down, she looks at my information at the end of the bed.

"Hey, Amity. I'm gonna page Dr. Shepherd, ok?" I nod and sit up. Dr. Shepherd walks in.

"You're awake, and I see you've met Dr. Grey." I liked her, I got the same feeling from her that I did Dr. Shepherd. I remember them.

"Are you two married?" I asked out of nowhere. They seemed confused but noded. It's a little more than obvious.

"Dr. Grey, can you put Lexie on my service, I think I have a teaching opportunity,"

Time skip to the next morning.

A young girl walks in behind Dr. Shepherd.

"Dr. Grey, this is Amity. Amity, Dr. Grey will be your personal helper for your time here. I have some other patients to go check on. Dr. Grey, page me if you need anything.,"

When he leaves she groans.

"Sorry,"

"No worries, post-op patients aren't exactly fun," She looks at me curiously.

"Feel free to call me Lexie, Amity. So what happened, if you don't mind me asking." I explained the story, a few tears here and there. It was nice to tell someone. She changed my IV and got me food, just made sure I was comfortable.

NO POV

What Amity didn't know was that Cady had been trying to come up with a place for her to stay, desperately trying to find someone capable of taking care of her after the injuries she suffered from. What Cady didn't know was that Derek and Meredith were thinking about adopting her, of course they'd foster her first. It'd be better that way, but they already loved the girl.