Q&A

Hey ya'll, so I'm sure most of you pretty much hate me because I need to post a chapter but I've been really busy lately with school and all that other crap and haven't been all that motivated to write recently but all of a sudden I feel super motivated to write (we'll see how long that lasts). But I have a start on the next chapter and so I'll try to pre-write some chapters and get those posted. In the meantime here's a little Q&A with me (The author(U.O.B.)(Unoriginal Blue))!

Q: What inspired you to get into writing?- Shay112202

A: I think I was in 5th or 6th grade when it became a big part of my life, I needed an escape. Somewhere where I had control over my life and I found that in my writing. Most of my characters are similar to myself, up until they aren't. Meaning, that they usually start out as a 12-year-old me and then they form their own habits and beliefs. Make different decisions than I would and become someone entirely different (But I still love each and every one of my characters.

   I needed an escape because my family life was a mess all its own and at school, I was bullied (as it seems most kids in America are these days). I didn't have a lot of real, true, friends and it was a lot for any 11 year old to handle.

Q: Do you have any tips on writing a grey's fanfic? - @entrancd

 A: I know that I already answered your question on my message board but I thought I would answer it here too. 1) Make sure you can connect to your OC (Original character). It makes it not only easier for you to write about but your readers will also connect easier because they should feel more real. 2) Make sure your OC adds to the plot, I always enjoy reading when new events are added or changed by the character. 3) try not to go way too overboard on all the drama (even I have problems with this) because it comes off as busy so make sure that you grow the plot. Start with a little detail that snowballs into a huge plot, so when readers notice it they feel the chapters connecting. 4) Have your character act their age, in my story part of it is that Amity is more mature and crazy smart but she's still a teenager. She gets mad at her parents, she falls in love (sometimes not with the most ideal people) and she tries her best but still feels herself failing. 5)make sure it's a plot you love. Pre write chapters and have ideas for at least 5 chapters ahead, I haven't done that as much as I'd like but I still love the plot and my characters.

 I know these aren't very Grey's specific but I think it's what's helped me the most. It's important that you write because you're passionate about it, not for reads because that's when people respond to it the most. As much as I love all of my readers (I cannot express how much all the support means) I'm most proud of it because it's something that has my heart in it and I did my best. I hope that these tips help

Q: What are your other passions?- No one but I wanted to share.

A: I'm glad that you asked! My biggest passion is singing. I'm in my school's auditioned choir and I'm obsessed with musicals (listening to one right now). As an adult, I'd like to perform on Broadway or be a teacher (I'm not sure what subject/grade/year). I also enjoy reading and painting (more of a hobby than a passion but still). I am on student council at my school and I participate in sports but I suck. I just enjoy being part of the team, it feels good to be a part of something.

Q: How old are you?- No one but I'm sharing.

A: I am in 9th grade.

Q: What are your favorite books?- Again, nobody.

A: Everything, Everything. , The Fault In Our Stars, The Princess Saves Herself In This One, An Abundance of Katherines, Turtles All The Way Down. I am currently reading Paper Towns and I'm always open to book recommendations!

That's all folks! If you have any more questions I'll do another Q&A when I get enough questions.