Sea Urchins

^^^^
(With Lab coat and her hair in a bun and strands of hair out giving it a slightly messy look)

     I sit in my mother's room, working on finishing the textbook Izzy and  Alex gave me. Her interns and friends are in here just looking at those ugly little sea urchins in ugly orange scrubs. I glare at them. 

"Evil little sea urchins," I growled. 

"Agreed," Christina said. Mom just yelled at them to get out there and do surgery. I tried to walk out 

"Not so fast young lady,"

"But mom! I don't want to see a shrink, they think they know everything, and if anything their ego's could shrink," Mom chuckled. 

"It's only an hour, the sooner you get it done, the sooner you can finish your book," I  looked to the ceiling and groaned.

"Fine, Page me if you need me mom," She nodded. I walked out with my book in hand to find the psych ward.

----------

"So, Amity. You had a panic attack, what caused it?" Dr. Kets asked me.

"I saw that my mom was in surgery on the board, I forgot to look at the procedure and I got scared," I said plainly. I figure it'll go by faster if I actually talk to her.

"Why did you get scared?" 

"My mom might have been dying, I think anyone would be scared if their mom or dad was in surgery and they had absolutely no clue," I say offended.

"You have a point, but I don't think that a panic attack is how 'anyone' would react, people with problems they need to talk about-," 

"Excuse me? I'm sorry but you're making me feel bad," I said holding back tears.

"Well it wouldn't be making you feel bad if it weren't true. Only seriously messed up little girls have panic attacks when-" 

"I don't want to be here anymore," I say tears beginning to slip down my cheeks.

"You don't have a choice and I personally think you're going to need serious therapy for at least a year," She said continuing to scare me. It was as if she was one of those adults who lock the kid in their room because they made a loud noise while they were watching T.V. in a movie. I turn and leave, running down the hall to find someone who cares about me.

      I run to my mom and get on her bed, she hugs me like she did the night we met.

"Honey, what happened? You've only been gone for 30 minutes,"

"It was like she was bullying me mom! Telling me that what I was feeling wasn't normal and it was wrong. She was using her authority to scare me into believing I'm crazy or something so she could have more patients. Mom, please don't make me go back to her," I say with tears pouring out of my system.

"Of course not sweetie," We look over the textbook together. I point out what I find absolutely incredible and ask the few questions I have. I took in knowledge from the textbook like kids do candy. I finished within the hour. So I grabbed my laptop and started my 9th grade curriculum. I finish a little over a weeks worth of school in another hour. 

"Mom, if I do a week's worth and then some of school work everyday, I can finish high school by December!"

"Don't grow up too fast on us,"

"Mom, I won't move out until I'm 18 at least, and I'm gonna stay near you and dad," She smiles and goes back to her show. 

"Wait, honey can I read your text book?" I look at her strangley because she had spent 5 minutes explaining how much she disliked  textbooks. I hand it to her and work on some more schoolwork. 

------

       I roam the halls and scout the newbies. 

"Honey, are you lost? Lets go fin-"

"I'm not a patient. My mom and dad work here. I'm like, pre-pre med," I explain to the girl who's coat says April Kepner. She gives me a questioning look and asks Mark as he walks by. He yells at her to stop wasting his time after explaining who I am. She just runs off looking like she could cry. 

       I check out the OR's for interesting surgeries. I watch my dad's surgery out of the fact that there's nothing better to do. Afterwards I walk around and find Richard firing Izzy from outside his office. When she walks out I hug her and she begins to sob. After a minute she walks off demanding that I don't tell anyone or follow her. I sigh and walk to the ped's ward to play with the post op's. 

      As I enter my mom's room I see Alex, looking absolutely broken and a confused Christina. I hug Alex and he cries. I feel so bad for him.