Holidays, Oh Boy.

I hear the door open.

                   "Mom, how was work?" I say looking over my computer. I left with dad so I was in some snowflake pajama pants, a grey long sleeve shirt and my hair in a bun. 

                  "It was good, Richard taught me a two-layered continuous stitch for an anastomosis!"

                "Teach me if you find time?" I ask hopefully.

                     "Of course! Honey, It's late. You're not a surgeon yet, get some sleep," I nod and she kisses my head.  I run up to my room in excitement for my first family holiday in years. And I may or may not have some big news....

''''''''''

                 I put on a red skirt, a long-sleeved off the shoulder shirt I tuck in and curl my light brown hair. I pull back the two front sides of my hair to the back and clip it with a black bow. I tie up my boots and go downstairs. 

               As the day goes by the mood seems to be a little depressing

               As the day goes by the mood seems to be a little depressing. I was hoping for a little more but I'm thankful for the fact that I have a family this time. I walk around in hopes of finding my mom and dad together but that doesn't happen. 

                      "Dad! -" 

                      "Not right now honey, I have surgery,"

                      "Oh, Good luck!" I yell down the hall, disappointed.

----------

                       "Mom!" I say walking into the skills lab.

                      "You can join us! We're talking about things we're not grateful for," Alex says, taking in another bite of his lunch. I roll my eyes and sit next to them. Mom corrects Alex's work.

                          "Well,-" Christina then interrupts me with some comment about her daddy issues working for her because now she's getting private lessons from Richard.

                           "Mo-" Mom shuts down Christina's theory. They continue talking.

                              "I graduated!" I shout, they become silent.

                                "Wha-"

                             "They're mailing my diploma to us, I finished finals and stuff. I'm a highschool graduate," I say to mom, and my tone was the opposite of excited. I was exhausted of trying to get my parents to notice me. I don't ask for much attention, just when I need it. 

                                 "Oh my god, Amity. I-I'm so proud of you," She hugs me and I half-heartedly hug back. Alex gives me a pat on the back and Christina takes me into the hall and starts shouting about 'her niece being a high school graduate. There's a lot to be thankful for this year.