Fear, The New Or The Now? PT.2

I clean up in the bathroom and run out. I hear 3 gunshots nearby and cover my mouth so I don't scream. I run deeper into a random hallway. I look out a window and see the SWAT team arrive. My mind screams for help but I just back away quietly and run a little more. I see people in front of me run, the shooter was coming down the hall. I should have stayed in my Dad's office. I cry and hide in the closest  supply closet. 

                  I hear another shot from down the hall and cry harder. I run into the center after I'm sure the shooter left. I check their pulses. Nothing.

"Damn it," I curse under my breath.

"Hey, girl!" I look to see a scared woman, probably in her twenties. "We need some help," She chokes out. 

                  I jog down the hall and walk in to see Dr. Bailey holding gauze to Dr. Percy's abdomen.

"Dr. Grey-Shepherd, I'm glad that if there was anyone it was you," 

                    The young woman seems confused out of her mind, I'm shocked that she calls me a doctor but it doesn't last long before she starts going into shock.

"Dr. Bailey, you're crying," The woman says. 

"Wipe my eye-"

"Miranda, I can do it. I need you to let me do it so you can calm down," She just nods and I take her place. "We're all gonna be fine" I state firmly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miranda, are you ok?" I ask, she nods.

"I'm going to find some help. You continue to work on him, ok?"

"Ok." I run out to find my Mom or Dad.

        After 15 minutes, I turn a corner to my dad's office when I see a man.

"Sir, it isn't safe. I-"

"You're the girl,"

"Excuse me?"

"You're the girl that told me my wife was dead,"

"Mr.Clark? Why-" BAM!

                   I touch my hand to my abdomen. Pain shoots into my stomach and I collapse. I begin to cry. After he leaves I cry for help.

"Mommy! Dad! Christina! Help!" I start screaming, I get quieter. 

                      I keep shouting names of people I know would be in this hospital....

   MEANWHILE

       Outside POV~

                   Meredith and Christina stared as Gary Clark threatened to shoot Derek. There was faint yelling to a voice that they could not seem to recognize. It was impossible to make out the words but to where they stood it was hardly a whisper of sound. They saw April run in and distract them. Mr.Clark raised his gun and Meredith screamed in agony and denial. It came to the point where, unbeknownst to them, they could no longer hear their child's screams. Thoughts became cluttered and judgements became clouded. 

''''

           Outside the hospital doors phone calls were being monitored to 911. Richard heard the many voices that belonged to his colleagues and then he heard a soft mild tone to an almost empty voice.

"I-I'm Amity Grey Sh-Shepherd. I'm on the 5th floor of Seattle Grace Mercy West in a supply closet. I-I'm 13 years old on my D-dad's phone. I-I was shot in the abdomen by G-Gary Clark. H-he's the shooter. I-I think he's going after my dad, Derek Shepherd. P-please help m-me. I-I'm losing a-" That's when her words began to die out. "A lot of blood..."

"Amity, she's about to go to college to be one of the youngest surgeons ever!" He yelled at them in fear for her life.

~~~~~~~~~

         Amity's POV
           Supply closet, supply closet, supply closet...Gauze! I press it against my abdomen and get up to walk. Pain shoots through my body and I collapse again. This is going to be the day I die. I reach into my pocket and pull out the letter. I was supposed to become a surgeon, now I'm not. Mom and Dad will have another kid, they'll be fine. I guess that girls like me, girls that try to flip their lives around the second they meet anyone who's done something with their lives. 

             The reason that my old foster care dad was kicking me was because he caught me stealing some booze from his liquor cabinet, I hardly ever smoked so nobody noticed it when they brought me in.  I hadn't had anything to drink in a month or so, nobody had a clue. These people, they changed me. I'm glad that I met them, this would be the way they remember me and that's the way I want to be remembered, not as the random chick who overdosed 10 years from now. I smile and a tear drips down my cheek, I lean against the wall and breath in through the pain. 

                    Everything gets dark.....