Brazen

Taehyung knew what he'd done was wrong. He really didn't have that much of a thing for patience, and even he thought that he could use a bit more of it. So he didn't have that much to say as Jungkook glared at him. Taehyung waited until Jungkook's expression became unreadable.

"Jungkook-ah, please... please just give me a second chance." Jungkook sighed deeply, making a shiver run up Taehyung's sides.

"Tae, we've had that same argument multiple times. Don't you think that actually implies something?" he had gone back to using Taehyung's nickname, but that didn't change the cold tone lying underneath. Taehyung couldn't find the right words to say as Jungkook stared at him wordlessly. He decided to go with the one thing he knew he could do in this situation.

"...what does it suggest?" Taehyung asked cautiously, almost daring Jungkook to take the argument a step forward. Jungkook looked taken aback, as if this wasn't what he'd expected out of this conversation.

"Well.." Taehyung tried to relax his frantic heartbeat as he wait for Jungkook's response. "Taehyung..." Jungkook started but trailed off once more, signalling his defeat. Taehyung almost felt like he was taking advantage of Jungkook's kindness towards others, but he swallowed that feeling down and focused on the situation at hand. Unable to bear the pressure of silence any longer, Taehyung spoke up.

"Okay, so I do think.. that both of us have been a little bit more sensitive lately." Taehyung admitted quietly, surprising Jungkook. "So I don't blame you if you feel like our relationship is going downhill."

Jungkook kept his mouth screwed shut, wanting to tell Taehyung what the real situation was but also not wanting to at the same time.

Taehyung sighed.

"So what if we give each other some time and space, figure out everything and clear our heads? Then we can deal with whatever mid-relationship crisis we're having... afterwards." He took a deep breath in and gazed at Jungkook's surprised face. "But please, I don't want to have to break up because of this argument." Jungkook sighed again and Taehyung bit the inside of his cheek in an attempt to calm himself down.

"How long?" Jungkook asked.

"It's up to you. I figure this is the least I could do after yesterday." Taehyung replied, wincing inwardly at himself. There was a pause.

"...fine." Jungkook finally responded and Taehyung almost sighed in relief. "But that doesn't mean I'm ready to get over this completely." Taehyung nodded at Jungkook's words. "We'll try a week first."

•••

When Hoseok finished his shift and walked to the staff room, he couldn't open the door. Testing the door handle, he could tell that it wasn't locked. Figuring something was on the other side of the door, Hoseok shoved the door open, inch by inch, as slowly and gently as possible. When the door was open enough for him to slip through, Hoseok walked into the rather warm room. Stretching and removing his apron, Hoseok looked back at the door and screamed when he spotted Jimin stretched out on the floor. Hoseok panicked until the gentle rise and fall of Jimin's sides indicated that the pink-haired boy was only sleeping. Walking over to where Jimin was splayed out on the floor, Hoseok crouched down and shook the younger man's shoulder.

~~

Jimin woke to someone shaking his shoulder.

"Jung..kook?" he muttered, eyes not fully open. Jimin let his eyes focus as he was met face-to-face with Hoseok's unamused face. "Ah... hyung!" Jimin said, laughing awkwardly and sitting up.

"...what's with the disappointed face, Jimin-ah?" Jimin gulped.

"What? Me? Disappointed? Psh." Jimin paused. "..Did I look disappointed?" Hoseok rolled his eyes and pulled Jimin off the floor.