I Know

"That's better. Now, I wanted to talk about your future."

"But grandpa, please, what happened with Yoongi?"

"That is none of your business." The old man's voice switched back to cold and harsh in the blink of an eye, and he placed down his knife as if he'd lost his appetite. He quickly called a waiter over and asked for him to bring a bottle of wine. Seokjin felt a chill run up his spine, and tried his best to shake off the feeling in his stomach. He stood, mumbling something about excusing himself to the restroom and rushed out of the dinner hall, running a hand through his hair in utter devastation. He closed the door behind him, taking out his phone to call his younger cousin.

Ring—ring—ring.

And Seokjin waited.

"The caller you are trying to reach is currently unavailable-" He hung up right away, rubbing his face.

"Yoongi-yah, where are you...?" Seokjin asked the empty hallway, resisting the urge to crouch down, suddenly feeling very out of breath. Like he didn't have enough air. He swallowed and turned around to face the door again, preparing himself mentally to go back. He opened the door and the atmosphere was heavy, choking him. Seokjin made his way to his designated table, next to his grandfather. The only conversation they had for the rest of the evening was a bitter comment from his grandfather about taking a long time in the restroom, and a rigid apology from himself.

-----

Seokjin stared at Namjoon, waiting for his response. His breathing slowed, although his heart was still beating just as fast. Deciding nothing positive would happen from the long silence, the older turned around.

Namjoon snaps out of his daze and reaches out, grabbing Seokjin's wrist again. The surprised look on the older's face was more than enough for Namjoon to grip his wrist tighter. Namjoon knows, now that he's aware that Seokjin's the heir of a company, he should be more careful. Namjoon knows, being the logical person he is, but he couldn't care less in the moment. He pulls Seokjin forward, towards him. The sky is growing dark, and street lights are turning on. He leans in a tad bit, making the older gulp visibly, to look him straight in the eye.

"Thank you for telling me." Namjoon whispers quietly, more to himself than anyone else. He hesitates for a second, weighing the risks in his head.

Seokjin can feel Namjoon's breath fanning across his lips, and it's driving him mad. Wide-eyed, he scans the younger male's eyes and spots the hesitation lingering there. Seokjin clenches his eyes shut and leans in.

Namjoon is more than surprised when Seokjin leans in at the same time he does, and he has a split second to let a small smile spread across his face.

They meet in the middle, feather-light, like both were afraid to break something. But it's okay, because it's him.

•••

Hoseok wakes to the sound of running water. Groggily, he reaches to the other side of the bed, logically knowing that it would be cold but still seeking Jimin's presence. Hoseok sighs, finding no warmth, like he'd expected, but rolls over anyway, taking the opportunity to bury his face into Jimin's pillow. He breathes in, and it smells like Jimin, like soft, sweet mint and hints of lavender. He is still lying face down as he hears the water stop. After a little while, the soft padding of Jimin's feet can be heard as he walks into the bedroom. The younger giggles before letting out a sigh that sounds like it will make a sinkhole in the ground, making the older frown into the pillow underneath him. Hoseok hears Jimin walk over, stopping at the edge of the bed and crouching down. With another heavy sigh, Jimin runs his finger's through the older's hair softly, causing Hoseok to chuckle lightly. Jimin's eyes widen in surprise as Hoseok sits up, pulling his smaller frame in for a hug.