Save Me

Having a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant with his family was the last thing Seokjin wanted to at the moment. In fact, he was pretty sure he just wanted to talk some more with Namjoon.

The air was tense when he walked in. Yoongi was engaged in a wordless argument with Seokjin's uncle. Seokjin walked to the table nervously, gaining his father's attention.

"You're here, Seokjin-ah." Seokjin flashed a fake smile at them.

"Yes I am. Sorry for being late." He replied, bowing to the two older men. "Hey Yoongi." Yoongi looked up from the table with a raised eyebrow but greeted his cousin nonetheless.

"Hey hyung." Seokjin felt Yoongi's gaze burning into his head as he sat down.

"Why were you late today? You're usually very punctual." His uncle asked nonchalantly, no hostility in his voice.

"I was finishing up some paperwork for the project that launches on Tuesday, samchon." His uncle nodded, cutting into the steak in front of him. Cold and expressionless. Seokjin could definitely tell where Yoongi had gotten his sharp and professional tone. Seokjin looked up, meeting eyes with his own father, who just smiled at him.

"Eat, Seokjin-ah."

"Ah...ne."

-----

Seokjin couldn't really remember anything before the orphanage. He just knew he'd been there most of his life, and that, well, it hurt watching all the kids get adopted, while no one gave him a second glance. Seokjin was used to it by now - he was 12 - but sometimes he wished for someone to take him home. Seokjin was scared the most of what would happen when he became of age, when the orphanage would kick him out, and he wouldn't have any money or education to support himself. So he worked hard. Took advanced classes. Looked at what was required for colleges and jobs. All of that since he was 10.

So when a man in a sleek black suit arrived at the orphanage on a cold day in late January, Seokjin didn't really pay attention, sitting there quietly and going over quadratic equations.

"What's your name?" Some boy with raven black hair that he'd never seen before asked him.

"...I'm Kim Seokjin." He replied, looking down at his work again. The boy was dressed a little too nice to be living in the orphanage, so Seokjin didn't think he was here to be adopted.

"I'm Min Yoongi." The boy said back with a small smile, sticking out a hand. "I'm 11."

"I'm 12." Seokjin didn't really know why he was bothering to talk to this boy.

"You're my hyung then..." Seokjin nodded, and awkwardly looked around. The raven-haired boy smiled before turning his head to the man in the suit.

"Samchonnnn!" The man turned around. Yoongi grabbed Seokjin by the hand and dragged him to the man, startling the older. "Look, look. I really like this hyung." Seokjin felt his face flush at those words and the man chuckled, kneeling down to his height.

"What's your name?" Seokjin looked up with a determined look on his face.

"Kim Seokjin, sir."

-----

Seokjin was surprised when Yoongi nudged his arm, bringing him back to the present.

"You're going to cut through the plate." He mused lazily, nodding over at the older's knife.

"Oh.. oh yeah. Thanks."

~~

Jimin woke up in the middle of the night and found himself unable to sleep again. The air was uncomfortable, and he almost felt like he was suffocating. Flipping over onto his stomach, Jimin grabbed his phone to check the time and noticed a couple texts from Taehyung.