Torn Apart

Yoongi remembers staring at the couple for the longest time. One tall and one short, the two males carried a happy vibe that killed him. The shorter male was dressed in a gray oversized sweater and tight black jeans, with a pair of black and white sneakers to complete the look. A silver band adorning his right ring finger. The taller one walked slowly as the other bounded forward, looking at all sorts of suits and ties.

“Jungkook-ah! Look at these!” The shorter male had said excitedly, pointing out a pair of sleek black slacks. The taller one, who was presumably Jungkook, chuckled a little bit. He was in a navy sweatshirt that framed his upper body nicely, along with distressed jeans, the same silver band as the shorter male on his right ring finger.

“Calm down, Park Jimin-” Jungkook paused as the shorter male shot him a glare. “I mean, hyung. It’s not like we’re in a hurry.” ‘Jimin’ wrinkled his nose.

Yoongi’s heart stopped for a second.

“Excuse me but I beg to differ. You start going to work on Monday.” Jungkook shrugged, reaching out to grab the older’s arm.

“Yeah, but it’s our first date in a while.” Jungkook grinned, showing off his pearly whites. Jimin rolled his eyes at the younger, allowing himself to be pulled into an embrace anyway. Yoongi swallowed and looked away. Looking around, he could tell he wasn’t the only person staring at the couple. Yoongi hated how much Jungkook reminded him of Seokjin. Kind, tall, reliable. It was like the 14 year-old version of himself was brought back, and if he was being honest, he felt disgusted with himself. Running a hand through his hair in irritation, the raven-haired male turned away.

-----

Yoongi sat on the ground, leaning against the glass door, back pressed up against it, one leg bent with an arm draped over it.

-----

Jimin blinked in confusion, quickly pulling himself out of Jungkook’s grasp to look around as the younger whined from the loss of warmth.

“Is something wrong?” The younger questioned, tilting his head to the side, trying to be mature, but a pout still apparent on his face. Jimin hummed, shaking his head.

“It’s nothing. Just thought I felt something.” He muttered the second sentence.

“In that case…” Jungkook opened up his arms.

Pft.” Jimin cracked up and walked back to his boyfriend before hugging him tightly.

-----

“Why are you so surprised? I was asking about Hoseok-sshi.” Taehyung questioned, sipping his iced americano. Jimin blinked before letting out a sigh, allowing himself to slump his shoulders a bit.

“Oh..” He trailed off, earning yet another questioning glance from the male sitting across from him. “Wait a minute… Hoseok-hyung and I aren’t dating yet!” Taehyung raised an eyebrow.

“Yet?” The younger wriggled his eyebrows.

“I mean-! W-We’re not dating!” Jimin clarified quickly with a stutter, but Taehyung didn’t stop wriggling his eyebrows. “I swear, I didn’t mean to say yet!” Jimin whined in protest to Taehyung’s teasing.

“I bet you he’s going to ask you out soon, and I'll get you lunch if I'm wrong.” Taehyung winked at his friend.

“Is that just an excuse to hang out with me?” Jimin asked, a bemused smile placed on his face.