In the Rain

Jimin is barely conscious when Hoseok arrives to pick him up in a car, shivering and clutching a nearby lamp post to keep himself from falling. The older quickly grabs an umbrella as Jimin watches, heavy-lidded and not bothering to move. Hoseok slams the door closed behind him as he walks up to Jimin, a towel in his arms. He quickly wraps the towel around Jimin, removing the younger's heavy jacket, which was only absorbing more water.

"Jimin, this is exactly why I told you to wait inside!" Hoseok scolds, peeling Jimin's arms off of the lamp post and drying the younger off the best he could with one arm still holding up the umbrella. Jimin doesn't respond, arms clutching onto the towel now wrapped around his shoulders. His eyes seem dead, and his face expressionless. Hoseok sighs and opens the door to the passenger's seat before pushing Jimin in gently. Well, as gently as possible while in a state of anger. Jimin still doesn't say anything as he collapses into the seat. Hoseok gives up trying to talk and shuts the door, running to the other side.

•••

When Hoseok pulls into the underground parking lot in Jimin's apartment complex, the man is unconscious, lying limply against the back of the seat. Hoseok stares for a bit; then walks around to the other side and drags Jimin out of the now soaking seat. Hoseok lifts the younger with relative ease and has no problem carrying the pink-haired male to his apartment. He places Jimin on his unsteady feet, and reaches under the pot for the spare key. Hoseok unlocks the door, urging Jimin inside and closes it behind them.

~~

Jimin felt his eyes flutter open slowly, adjusting to the light filtering in through the window near his bed. He sat up, fringe falling over his eyes and obscuring his vision temporarily. His body ached like he'd been beaten up the day before, and he winced as he lifted the covers off of his body when fluffy brown hair caught his eye. Jimin flinched and sighed as he relaxed.

"Aish. It's just Hoseok-hyung." The brunette shifted at Jimin's words, groggily sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "You're awake." Jimin greeted. Hoseok paused, finishing waking up and turning to Jimin with a glare.

"'You're awake'??! Jimin what the hell?!" Jimin rubbed the back of his neck. "you pass out after standing in the freezing cold rain for 10 minutes, so I have to drag your ass back home, change you out of soaking wet clothes, worry over you, wake up with like 2 hours of sleep, and I get no fucking explanation?!" Jimin lets out a quiet laughter, only stopping because every inch his body is burning and aching. Hoseok sighs and places the back of his hand on the younger's forehead. "Your fever's not doing any better than when I last checked it... but it's not a fatal temperature, so you should just lay down. I'm gonna go get a washcloth and make you some food." Jimin watches Hoseok leave his room before turning his gaze to the bedside table. Cautiously reaching over, the pink-haired male picks up a photo frame from the table. Jimin stares down at the photo in his hands, where Jungkook stands next to him, kissing his cheek as Jimin holds onto him tightly.

-----

"Kookie-ah I'm so sorry," Jimin pauses to stop and cough. "I don't think I can go outside today."

"Jiminie-hyung, are you sick?" Jimin gulps, hearing Jungkook's worried tone through the phone.

"Uh... no! Anyways I have to go, I'm really sorry, Kook-ah." Jimin finished quickly and hung up. Jimin knew he was horrible at lying but it was the best he could do for the moment. He set down his phone, wrapping himself up into a sushi roll with the blanket on his bed.

•••

When Jimin opens his eyes, Jungkook is there, a stern look on his face, as a delicious smell wafts through the apartment. Jimin squints, bringing his small hand up to rub his eyes. He's sure he opened them. Well, fairly sure.