Forced and Chosen

Taehyung felt like crap when he woke up, his body wrapped up and tangled in his comforter. It was uncomfortably warm. He reached over to feel around for his phone. Turning it on, he saw that it was a little past 11 o'clock. You have no new notifications. He glared at the small electronic device in his hand as the battery ran out and the screen went black. Squinting at the screen, Taehyung could see his hair sticking out in several different directions, and the faint outline of tear streaks marking his face. He sighed, flopping face-first back onto the bed. He didn't know what he had been expecting — he was the one that had told Jungkook to leave after all. Taehyung's mind drifted to Jimin and guilt and anger swirled inside him, side by side. He wondered which one would win when he tried to talk to Jimin. But for the moment, he just stared at the black screen in front of him.

•••

Namjoon could only helplessly look to Seokjin for an explanation. Although he knew that talking about the awkward moment from the party first thing the morning after was undesirable, he felt the urge to know.

"Hyung, I need to know... will you please tell me what happened last night?" He pleaded, confusion filling him.

"Jimin and Jungkook are exes. Or... not-so-exes I guess, after last night." Seokjin rubbed his face in frustration. "I knew I should've stopped Jimin from drinking." The younger silently hugged his boyfriend, and the two sat in the quiet atmosphere, thinking about the tragedy of the night before.

"Don't blame yourself, it's not like you made it happen." Namjoon said soothingly, rubbing small circles into the older's back.

"I know." He replied with a sigh. Seokjin smacked himself in the face suddenly, surprising the younger a bit. "We shouldn't be concerning ourselves too much with this matter, the kids should take care of it themselves." Namjoon cracked up a bit but nodded in agreement.

"So? What are we doing today?" Seokjin hummed thoughtfully.

"Well I was thinking we could go visit my grandfather, introduce you to him personally. Yoongi probably will be at the family mansion anyways." Namjoon tensed a bit, but let it go. He wanted to help Seokjin get his mind off things, after all.

•••

They arrived at the mansion about a half hour later, and nodded hello to the guard outside before heading in. They met Yoongi at the staircase inside. The said male's hair was now mostly black, the only proof of his blonde hair at the tips.

"Hyung? What are you doing here?" He asked, shifting the stack of books in his arms and giving Namjoon a look. "...with Namjoon-sshi?" Seokjin coughed.

"I came to introduce Namjoon to grandpa... we've been dating for a while, and I moved in with him about a week ago." Yoongi looked surprised. And he gazed at Namjoon, dark orbs seeming to pierce through his soul in the form of a death glare.

"I see. I'll take you up to grandfather's study then. ...Congratulations, by the way." Seokjin thanked his cousin and started following him up the stairs and down the long hallway. They ended up at a set of doors, and Yoongi knocked.

"Grandfather, Seokjin-hyung's come to visit."

"Come in." A voice boomed from the inside, loud and bone-chilling as always. Yoongi opened the door. "Seokjin-ah, what brings you here?" Namjoon straightened himself out, ready to step into the room, when Yoongi grabbed his shoulder.

"You might mildly regret not heeding my warning." He hissed bitterly, and the younger stumbled into the room behind Seokjin, and Yoongi followed.

"Grandpa, I wanted to introduce you to someone." The old man looked up from the report on his desk with mild interest, and met eyes with Namjoon. "This is Kim Namjoon."