Chapter 8//Ashley's boyfriend

This is going to be a short chapter since I have tons of homework. I might update later tonight though.

After driving with Kelly to Starbucks we grab a table and order two coffees. Then she starts to talk.

"I lied," she says, "I'm not ok with you and Kyle and I want him to reject you by whatever means necessary." At first I'm stunned at her bluntness, then I realise how I can gain off of this.

"Trust me he won't be rejecting me any time soon." I mutter.

"Well I'll just have to make him!" She says her voice getting louder.

"Woah woah woah, I didn't finish. He doesn't want to reject me, but I want to reject him.".

"You know that he is the alpha of a frickin' fortress right?".

"Yeah. I know. That's where you come in. I need your help getting me in. Last time I went there the hunters got me so I need you to come along so that you can mask my scent."

"Done. I'll meet you tonight in the woods outside his place."

I nod just like that, she's gone, leaving me alone in the kiosk.

Just as I'm about to leave, a friendly looking guy walks up to me. He's smaller than most, but still taller than me, with scruffy brown hair and chocolate brown eyes.

"Hey. You must be Ella. I'm Ashley's boyfriend, Jack." He says in a deep voice.

"Oh hi. Nice to meet you." I look down to see him holding a small dog on a leash, "who's this?" I ask.

"Oh. This is Ember. We're going on a walk to get a new x box game from down the road." He says smiling.

"Oh so you're a nerd?" I ask smirking.

"Hey! Nerd is demeaning. I like to call myself a geek. It's a more glorified term."

I can help but laugh.

"Coffee for Mr Qui!" A barrister shouts. Jack hurries over and grabs his double shot espresso. I see why Ashley likes him so much.

"Jack Qui? That's an interesting name. Why so much caffeine?"

He smirks, "it's the only thing that gets me up in the morning!".

"Well it was nice meeting you, Jack Qui."

"You too, Ella Foster."

We both laugh faintly then go our separate ways down the street. Well at least now I can get into Kyle's secret river. Yet I can't help feeling a hint of regret...

But just as soon as it had appeared, the regret is gone and all I feel is steady determination..

The New Girl //COMPLETED//On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara