Chapter 28// Boring politics part 2

I've concluded that based on all of your comments I am going to continue this story but only update once a week so that I make it out of high school alive and also have a semi social life. For any of my friends reading this then you will probably comment saying that I am never social. I'm talking to you Ashley and Ella ;)

*a song to listen to

Ella's POV

There is a heavy black cloud hanging above my head, filling my mind with a sickening sludge that clogs all of my bodily functions. It's charcoal embers drift and settle onto my now blackened skin until all I can feel is the soft pattering of my heart.

The last thing I remember is a sharp pain in the back of my neck as I had hurled myself in front of Kyle. When I'd heard the shattering of the glass and sensed the approaching danger my instincts had sprung into motion. I hadn't trusted myself to be able to raise my hands quick enough to save Kyle so I simply jumped.

I jumped into darkness.

I can hear voices around me, circulating like I'm stuck in this disorientating spiral that's ripping me away from the light. Among the voices I can hear Kyle. Anxiety fills him and then it turns to anger.

I understand why he is angry when he reads out a note that must have been attached to whatever hit me in the neck. If Rocky thinks that he can keep me or Kyle bound under this cloud of darkness then he has another thing coming. Determination fills me and I start to pound against the sludge holding my mind in its serenity. This feeling of strength and urgency is similar to what I felt when I was trying to prove to Kyle who he was messing with back in high school. It's ironic that in all that has happened I've simply returned to the place where I began. Where I left my home. Where I met Kyle. Where I fell in love. Where my memories are filled with light instead of darkness.

I don't want that point in my life to be the only light filled part of it. I want to create hundreds or even thousands of more memories like that one. Memories that I will share with Kyle.

I let this heavily set determination flood through me and I focus on my ability to heal. I focus on the moment when I had twisted my neck back into place in the forest and when I had healed all of those torturous cuts and slashes from the hunters. I now understand why I had been able to escape all of those circumstances without a scratch or scar.

I focus on this warm feeling inside of me that I let fester and grow. It sits there in my gut until it is beyond me and clinging to the walls surrounding me. Just as I thought, the sludge begins to thin. The process is tedious and infuriating but it is effective. So I sit in this cage of darkness, waiting for even the tiniest bit of light to seep through.

Kyle's POV

"Alpha, they're coming".

My gaze remains on my pale hands that are lying in my lap.
I'm currently sitting in the principles office with Luke and majority of the teachers not including the ones that fled upon our disappearance. All gazes are on me and all sets of eyes are clouded with fear.

"Alpha! They are approaching the gates!"

The raise in Luke's voice snaps me awake and as my gaze rises I immediately spot the growing horde of werewolves outside the gates.

I take a quick nervous gulp and begin to plan out loud.

"Ok. So we know that we can't defeat them with our numbers, they have almost three times the size of our pack."

Grim nods flood the group as I continue.

"However, we do have the advantage right where we are. If we can hold up against them long enough then we will win."