Chapter 9// In the moonlight

After leaving the kiosk I make my way back to my dorm where my three room mates are sitting anxiously waiting.

"Did she claw your eyes out?!!"
"Did she punch you?!?"
"Did she threaten you?!?"
Everyone screams at once.

I laugh, "no we just talked...".

"That's it?!?" Saskia asks in disbelief,"this is Kelly we're talking about! You never just talk with Kelly!!".

"She's actually nicer than I thought. I think we've come to an..... understanding...".

"Care to elaborate..."

Suddenly unable to hold it in, "Kyle and I are mates and he told me that he likes me and he would make me his Luna but I don't want him to tie me down like that so me and Kelly are teaming up to get into his 'pack house' so that I can reject him" I say in a hurry, before throwing a hand over my mouth.

They stare at me in amazement for a couple seconds before they all scream the exact same thing at once.

"WHY WOULD YOU REJECT HIM?!?!".

Well that was not what I expected them to say. Maybe 'we can help' or 'it's too dangerous' but of course they go with the relationship status first.

"I don't want to be tied to him and his pack for the rest of my life!"

"But don't you like him?"asks Ashley.

".... no" I say looking at my feet.

"OMG you totally do!!!!" Saskia screams.

"Why would you reject the love of your life for the pure freedom of getting hunted alone??" Becca asks.

I have to think about this for a second, "I don't know..... But I know that I don't want to stay trapped in this fortress for the rest of my life, with no way to escape since he will be able to find me wherever I go!"

An awkward silence fills the air...

"You can't reject him... you'll be ruining your life and we won't let you!!" Ashley screams back at me.

Growling I flash my blue eyes at them, baring my canines.

"You can't stop me either".

I immediately rush out the door and speed walk to the edge of school.

It's time to end this...

******

I've been waiting in the woods for about half an hour and she hasn't shown up yet. I'm considering just doing it alone when I catch the scent of a wolf I don't recognise. I suspect it's Kelly, but I'm not 100% sure so I turn invisible anyway. I wait until I see a light grey wolf trot into the clearing and look around. Then it shifts to reveal Kelly in all black.

"Ella!" She whisper-yells.

I let the invisibility flood out of me and pull myself off the tree. I see her trying to hide her surprise, unsuccessfully before walking closer.

"They weren't kidding about you being special were they..." she whispers.

I smirk at her then indicate for her to follow me as I make my way towards Kyle's house. We slowly switch between trees, attempting to conceal ourselves, when finally, we're close enough. I slowly peek out from behind the tree and immediately regret it when we see that Kyle and 5 other guards are standing right outside the gates and we just led them right to us.

As soon as I see Kyle's eyes widen at the sight of me I grab Kelly's hand and squint my eyes really hard, using as much brain power as I can muster. Then just as a smirk breaks out on my face (in the picture above) we both turn invisible. I watch in satisfaction as Kyle and his guards scramble in confusion trying to figure out what happened.