Chapter 13//The Alpha

The song above is what I envisioned to be playing at the party.
*Listening to it is optional of course.

The music pounds through the speakers, echoing through the house. The walls and floorboards are shaking. It's hard to determine if the house is vibrating or if it's just me. After a while almost everyone at the party had stopped what they were doing and were now dancing. I jumped up and down in the midst of the crowd completely oblivious to the fact that I had lost sight of the other girls. But who cares. Tonight could be the last time I'll ever be able to feel so happy so screw everyone else.

While all the other girls in the room had no problem accepting any drink that was tossed their way I was cautious and decided against drinking. I'm thankful for this decision as I spot the number of girls being lured upstairs in their drunken state. I know that I should be doing something about it but I don't want to get caught up in anything.

I just want to dance until I can't dance anymore, then I can leave.

The music is uplifting. By this point I don't care that I'm drawing attention to myself, I just dance like there's no tomorrow. Then I feel a pair of strong hands snake around my waist. I don't bother looking to see who it is. I just assume that it's some drunk guy looking for a good time, so I let him. The music starts to grow in volume as we sway pressed up against one another. His hands stroke the bare skin of my stomach, below my crop top and I can't help but jump up and down faster, getting caught in the moment. I never felt so relaxed. But at the same time, I feel as if the ground is going to give way below me as my heels pound onto the floorboards. Moving closer so that my back is pressed firmly against his muscular chest, I slip my hands over my shoulders to clasp the back of his neck. This action pulls us even closer. The contact of my fingers on his skin sparks flames down my arms.

I would have continued dancing with him until I realised...

There's only one person who makes me feel like that.

Kyle.

Spinning around I faced him and saw him smirking back at me.

"Hey cupcake".

I roll my eyes before turning to walk away, but his hands grasp my waist firmly spinning me to face him once again. I let out a small yelp of surprise as I'm pushed from behind. Tumbling straight into Kyle we both topple to the ground. When I open my eyes I am inches from Kyle's face, my lips grazing my jaw. I could have gotten lost in that moment, as I inhaled his exotic scent, but then he had to ruin it by opening his big fat mouth.

"Well, here we are again".

I hear a small giggle from behind me after the words left Kyle's mouth. I turn to head to see a smirking Ashley, who seems to be the one who pushed me.

That conniving little-

"Ella, we should talk."

I turn back to Kyle and see that all the amusement has left his face and is now showing a hint of sadness.

"Fine. But preferably in private." I respond, acknowledging how all attention had turned to us.

He nods then I place both hands on his chest and push myself off of him.

********

"What do you mean you're kidnapping me?!?!". I shriek.

"I mean what I said. If you haven't figured it out by now, I am very well aware of your plans to run."

Looking down at my feet, I mumble, "I don't know what you mean".

He lifts my chin so that our gazes meet.

"Yes you do. I know you better than anyone ever will and I know when you're lying."

Blushing I continue as his hand drops back to his side.

"OK. But how did you find out?"

"Well with some careful analysing of the hormones and expressions you were exhibiting, and a letter from the student office saying that you were leaving next week I kind of figured it out on my own" he says, grinning at his pathetic achievement.

I rolled my eyes, placing a hand on my hip.

"Well good. Now you know that there is nothing you can do to stop me."

"Oh you underestimate me dear Ella. That is the precise purpose of kidnapping you."

"What?"

"If I have you locked up in my pack house then the hunters won't be able to lay a finger on you."

"THERE IS NO WAY I'M LETTING YOU LOCK ME UP IN YOUR DOGGY CAGE!! Why do you even care?!"

He leans in closer, "You don't seem to understand that I would do anything to protect you. Anything..."

I feel myself visibly gulp.

Maybe beneath that tough, cold exterior, Kyle actually has a heart.

But even if he does, there is no way I'm letting it cloud his judgement into thinking he can lock me up. I'm a frickin' were-coyote! No one can keep me under lock and key.

With this thought in mind I lean in closer and place my hands on his stomach, where they come into contact with his rock hard abs. I can see the affect it has on him by the darkness that clouds his eyes, indicating that he's aroused.

Then I lean in so that I'm whispering into his ear, "But you see my dear Kyle.... it's because you care so much that I'm able to do this-".

Just as I finish my sentence I knee him in his manhood and sprint down the stairs. It's as i'm pushing past drunk teenagers to get to the door that a thunderous growl echos through the house. Most people thought it was a part of the music. Some knew better. I shared a look with the girls then we all sprinted out of the boy's dorms.
You see at Edge water High you have to quickly learn how to differentiate between funny and dangerous. As werewolves we are constantly undertaking several mood changes. These mood changes can make us slightly annoyed, pissed or livid. However, in Kyle's case he is experiencing that brief time in an alpha's life when a certain possessive instinct comes into play. This instinct is most of the time related to an alpha's mate.

Now don't take this situation the wrong way. My mate isn't mad at me. He's mad at the world. His frustration is deriving from the thought of not having control in being able to protect me. So right now I am experiencing the most dangerous sort of predator in the animal kingdom.

The alpha protecting his Luna.

Kyle Flores was no longer the cocky, self obsessed player that we once knew. He had now become a creature of havoc. In that moment I knew that unless I could escape him right now, I would never see the light of day until every evil on the face of the planet had been destroyed. But hey! It isn't so bad. At least I won't have to endure it for long, since the hunters would come tomorrow at midnight and kill everyone in the school...

So yeah..... We're screwed.

Sorry for the short chapter, but I'm planning to update within the next two days (the weekend) since I don't have any assessments. Plus I decided to make this chapter short so that I can fit all of the coming drama into one chapter. Hope you enjoyed what I wrote so far. If you hate me for making it short then that's your problem. ;)